Subject: categories: Position announcement

From: Fairouz Kamareddine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:46:11 +0000

RESEARCH POSTS AVAILABLE
			LOGICS, TYPE THEORY, TERM REWRITING
			FOUNDATIONS OF PLs and TPs
			Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh,
				Scotland
			-------------------------------------

Research posts are available at the department of Computing and
Electrical Engeneering at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Scotland
within the ULTRA group (see http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/ultra/).  We are
targeting researchers in the foundations, design and implementation of
programming languages and of Theorem Proving. Competence in at least
one of Type Theory, Lambda Calculus and Term Rewriting is essential.

The posts are initially for a period of six months but may be 
renewable depending on performance, results and funding.

The department of Computing and Electrical at Heriot-Watt is a very
lively, active and friendly place with a supportive spirit.  The
department is expanding fast and is committed to excellence and is
investing a lot in the future.  Heriot-Watt is located in beautiful
parklands on the outskirsts of Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland and
a beautiful and historic city.

If you are interested, email us your Curriculum Vitae and the names
and email addresses of 3 referees. CVs and/or questions should be sent
to: Fairouz Kamareddine ([email-masked]) or Joe Wells
([email-masked]).