Subject: categories: Job Announcement: New Mexico State University

From: Enrico <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:13:33 -0700

New Mexico State University
Department of Computer Science

The New Mexico State University Department of Computer Science invites
applications for one or two tenure-track
 assistant/associate professor position(s) in computer science beginning
academic year 2000-2001. Strong commitment to
 both research and teaching required. Applications from women and members of
minority groups invited. Qualifications
include a Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related discipline (in hand by
date of hire) and evidence of strength in
teaching and research. The Department has 12 tenure-track faculty positions, and
offers B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees. The
Department collaborates with the Computing Research Laboratory (CRL), an
independent research center at NMSU.
Departmental facilities include a network of some 60 Sparc workstations, a
14-processor Sun Sparc, a 32-node Beowulf,
and several other multiprocessors. The Department recently received $1.5m grant
from NSF to upgrade its infrastructure.
Arrange for vita, short research description, and at least three reference
letters to be sent by postal mail directly to: Faculty
Recruiting Committee, Department of Computer Science, NMSU MSC CS, PO Box 30001,
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001.
Application review will begin January 31, 2000. NMSU is an EEO/AA employer.