Subject: categories: FICS'2000 Call for Papers

From: [email-masked] (Irene GUESSARIAN)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:54:44 +0100 (MET)

FIXED POINTS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE (FICS 2000)
  July 22 and 23, 2000, Paris, France
  Call for Papers
  http://www.liafa.jussieu.fr/~ig/FICS.html
* Fixed points play a fundamental role in several areas of computer 
  science and logic by justifying induction and recursive definitions. 
  The construction and properties of fixed points have been investigated 
  in many different frameworks. The aim of the workshop is to provide a 
  forum for researchers to present their results to those members of the 
  computer science and logic communities who study or apply the fixed point 
  operation in the different fields and formalisms. 
  The  First workshop on  Fixed Points in Computer Science was held in
  Brno (1998). 
* Invited speakers: S. Bloom (Hoboken), B. Courcelle (Bordeaux),
  H. Marandjian (Yerevan), J. Rutten (Amsterdam), I. Walukiewicz (Warsaw).
* PC chair: Irene Guessarian, LIAFA, University Paris 7, Paris 6,
  Case 7014, 2, place Jussieu, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
  e-mail: [email-masked]. 
* Proceedings: preliminary proceedings containing the abstracts of the talks 
  will be available at the meeting. Publication of final proceedings as a 
  special issue of Theoretical Informatics and Applications depends on the 
  number and quality of the papers.
* Paper submission: Authors are invited to send 3 copies of an abstract 
  not exceeding 3 pages to the PC chair. Electronic submissions in the form 
  of uuencoded postscript file are encouraged and can be sent to 
  [email-masked]. Submissions are to be received before April 3, 2000. 
  Authors will be notified of acceptance by June 1, 2000. 
* The workshop will be organised just before the Logic 2000 conference.