Subject: categories: Announcement: EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR CMCS'2000

From: Jan Rutten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 13:21:41 +0100

EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR CMCS'2000:

Due to the Y2K bug scare the deadline for submissions to CMCS'2000
is extended to
                            17 January 2000!!!!!

The other dates of the following CFP do not change:

****************************************************************************
******

                    C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S

                              for the

    WORKSHOP ON COALGEBRAIC METHODS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE (CMCS'2000)

Scope

State-based dynamical systems as found throughout computing
science are traditionally described as transition systems or
certain kinds ofautomata. During the last decade, it has become
increasingly clear that such systems can be captured uniformly as
so-called ``coalgebras'' (which are the formal dual of algebras).
Coalgebra is beginning to develop into a field of its own, with
its own proof-methods (involving bisimulations and invariants).
This workshop will be devoted to both an introduction to basic
coalgebraic notions and techniques, and also to some recent
advances in the theory of coalgebras.

We are looking for participants and contributed talks to this
informal workshop on both the theory and the use of coalgebras in
computer science. The workshop will consist of two days, preceding
the ETAPS conference (25-26 March, 2000) at the Technical
University of Berlin. More information regarding submissions is
given below.

The scope of the meeting includes the following themes:

 - the theory of coalgebras (including set theoretic and categorical
      approaches);
 - coalgebras as computational and semantical models (for programming
      languages, dynamic systems, etc.);
 - coalgebras in (functional, object-oriented, concurrent) programming;
 - coalgebras and data types;
 - (coinductive) definition and proof principles for coalgebras (with
      bisimulations or invariants);
 - coalgebras and (hidden-sorted) algebras;
 - coalgebraic specification and verification;
 - coalgebras and (modal) logic

Organization: Bart Jacobs (Nijmegen), Horst Reichel(Dresden), Jan Rutten
(CWI,
 Amsterdam) and Larry Moss (Bloomington, IN).

Program Committee: H. Peter Gumm (Marburg), Bart Jacobs (Nijmegen),
 Ugo Montanari (Pisa), Larry Moss (Bloomington, IN), Ataru T.
Nakagawa (Tokyo), John Power (Edinburgh), Horst Reichel (Dresden),
Jan Rutten (CWI, Amsterdam).

Submissions

The following dates are important for submission to the ENTCS volume.

   -  3 January 2000: deadline for submissions.
   -  11 February 2000: notification of acceptance.
   -  3 March 2000: final version.
   -  25-26 March 2000: workshop, where a printed version of the ENTCS
      issue will be available for participants.
   -  (25 March - 2 April, 2000: ETAPS conference).

The ideal submission is not longer than 20 pages, and gives a clear
exposition
of the relevant ideas. It can be sent by email to: Horst Reichel, or by
ordinary mail to:

   Horst Reichel
   TU Dresden, Faculty of Computer Science
   Institute: Theoretical Computer Science

   D-01062  Dresden
   Germany

The informations will be actualized on the following web page:

   http://wwwtcs.inf.tu-dresden.de/~reichel/cmcs.html