Subject: categories: CSL 2000, call for papers

From: Thorsten Altenkirch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:16:23 +0200 (CEST)

Apologies for multiple copies...

		1st CALL FOR PAPERS -- CSL 2000

		    Annual Conference of the
	European Association for Computer Science Logic

	Fischbachau/Munich, Germany, August 21-26, 2000

CSL is the annual conference of the European Association for
Computer Science Logic (EACSL). The conference is intended for
computer scientists whose research activities involve logic, as
well as for logicians working on issues significant for computer
science. Suggested, but not exclusive, topics of interest are:

* automated deduction and interactive theorem proving
* categorical logic and topological semantics
* constructive mathematics and type theory
* domain theory
* equational logic and term rewriting
* finite model theory, database theory
* higher order logic
* lambda and combinatory calculi
* logical aspects of computational complexity
* logical foundations of programming paradigms
* logic programming, constraints
* linear logic
* modal and temporal logics
* model checking
* program extraction
* program logics and semantics
* program specification, transformation and verification

INVITED SPEAKERS

Miklos Ajtai (Almaden), Paul Beame (Washington),
Andreas Blass (Ann Arbor), Egon B"orger (Pisa),
Yuri Gurevich (Seattle), Bruno Poizat (Lyon),
Wolfram Schulte (Seattle), Saharon Shelah (Jerusalem),
Colin Stirling (Edinburgh).

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Edmund Clarke (Pittsburgh), Peter Clote (M"unchen), 
Kevin Compton (Ann Arbor), Erich Gr"adel (Aachen),
Gerhard J"ager (Bern), Klaus Keimel (Darmstadt),
Jan Willem Klop (Amsterdam), Jan Krajicek (Praha),
Daniel Leivant (Bloomington), Tobias Nipkow (M"unchen),
Helmut Schwichtenberg (M"unchen), Moshe Vardi (Houston).

PAPER SUBMISSIONS

Submitted papers must describe work not previously
published. They must not be submitted concurrently to a journal
or to another conference. Papers authored or coauthored by
members of the Program Committee are not allowed.  Submissions
must not exceed 15 pages (in the usual format for Springer
LNCS), including title page, figures and references. The title
page must contain: title and authors; physical and e-mail
addresses; telephone and (if available) fax number for each
author; identification of corresponding author, if not the first
author; an abstract of no more than 200 words; a list of
keywords.

Submissions must arrive by January 31, 2000. Notifications of
acceptance will be sent by April 17, 2000, and final versions
are due May 19, 2000. Authors are invited to send manuscripts by
electronic mail, as uuencoded gzipped or attached postscript
files and an ASCII file containing the abstract and the address
of the corresponding author:

* see the conference home page for instructions
	http://www.tcs.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/csl2000/
* or send a message with subject "submission information" to
	[email-masked]

Concerning further questions about the submission procedure
please contact

	Helmut Schwichtenberg 
	[email-masked]
	Phone +49 89 2394 4413
	Fax   +49 89  280 5248
or
	Peter Clote
	[email-masked]
	Phone +49 89 2178 2241
	Fax   +49 89 2178 2238 

PUBLICATION

Papers accepted by the Program Committee must be presented at
the conference and will appear in a proceedings volume, to be
published by Springer Verlag in the "Lecture Notes in Computer
Science" series.  Final versions of accepted papers will be due
by May 19, 2000.  The format for camera-ready manuscripts will
be that of Springer LNCS; instructions can be found in the LNCS
home page at:
	http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/index.html

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper submissions		    January 31, 2000
Notifications of acceptance	    April 17, 2000
Final version due                   May 19, 2000
CSL 2000 conference		    August 21-26, 2000

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

CSL 2000 home page:   
    http://www.tcs.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/csl2000/
CSL 2000 local organization: 
    [email-masked]