Subject: categories: CADE-17 Call for Workshops and Tutorials

From: Michael Kohlhase <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:16:13 +0200

[Apologies to all that receive this call more than once]

                             CADE-17

 The  17th  International  Conference  on  Automated  Deduction

                         June 17-20, 2000
                   Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
               http://www.research.att.com/conf/cade/

                Preliminary CALL FOR WORKSHOPS AND TUTORIALS

                         June 16. and 21. 2000

CADE is the major forum for the presentation of new research in all aspects of
automated deduction. Proposals for workshops and for tutorials are solicited.
Tutorials will run June 16. and workshops also on June 21.  Workshops will
ordinarily run a whole day, and tutorials for half a day.

Workshop Topics
---------------

Recent CADE workshops have included term schematizations and their applications,
reasoning, automation of proofs by induction, empirical studies in logic
algorithms, mechanization of partial functions, proof search in type-theoretic
languages, automated model building, evaluation of automated theorem-proving
systems, strategies in automated deduction, automated theorem proving in software
engineering and in mathematics, integration of symbolic computation and
deduction. 
Workshops may have the same topic as those of previous workshops, and this
practice is encouraged.

Tutorial Topics
---------------

Recent CADE tutorials have included equality reasoning in semantic tableaux, proof
systems for nonmonotonic logics, rewrite techniques in theorem proving, proof
planning, parallelization of deduction strategies, resolution decision methods,
constructive type theory, the use of semantics in Herbrand-based proof procedures,
logical frameworks, theorem proving by the inverse method, deduction methods based
on boolean rings, higher-order equational logic, and term indexing in automated
reasoning.  
Tutorials may be introductory, intermediate, or advanced.

Proposals
---------

Anyone wishing to organize a workshop or tutorial in conjunction with
CADE-17 should send (e-mail preferred) a proposal no longer than two pages
to the workshop chair by November 30, 1999.  The proposal should describe
the topic of the proposed workshop or tutorial and explain why the topic is
relevant to CADE. Proposals will be evaluated, and decisions will be
communicated by December 15. 1999.  Further information about the
arrangements for workshops and tutorials can be obtained from the CADE-17
Web site.

Proposal deadline:            November 30, 1999
Notification of acceptance:   December 15, 1999
Workshop paper deadline:      April    1,  2000
Workshop paper notification:  May      1,  2000

 PROGRAM CHAIR:          Conference Chair:             WORKSHOP CHAIR: 

 David McAllester        Frank Pfenning                Michael Kohlhase 
 AT&T Labs-Research      Carnegie Mellon University    Universit"at des Saarlandes 
 [email-masked]   [email-masked]                [email-masked]