Subject: categories: FroCoS'2000: Third Call for Papers

From: Christophe Ringeissen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 17:53:18 +0200 (MET DST)

[We apologize for multiple copies]

			Third Call for Papers

		     Third International Workshop

		  ``Frontiers of Combining Systems''
			     FroCoS'2000

		  March 22-24, 2000, Nancy, France

	     http://www.loria.fr/conferences/frocos2000/

	   DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSIONS: OCTOBER 1, 1999
                                           ***************

In various areas of computer science, such as logic, computation,
program development and proof, artificial intelligence, there is an
obvious need for using specialized formalisms and inference mechanisms
for special tasks. In order to be usable in practice, these
specialized systems must be combined with each other, and they must be 
integrated into general purpose systems.  The development of general 
techniques for the combination and integration of special systems has
been initiated in many areas.

The two previous international workshops on ``Frontiers of Combining
Systems'' were held in Munich (1996) and in Amsterdam (1998). 
Like its predecessors, FroCoS'2000 is intended to offer a common
forum for research activities in the general area of combination and 
integration of systems, and on their practical use. 

Suggested, but not exclusive topics of interest for the workshop are: 

 * combination of logics 

 * combination of constraint solving techniques, of decision procedures,
   of term rewriting systems

 * combination of deduction systems and computer algebra

 * integration of decision procedures and other solving processes into
   constraint programming and deduction systems 

 * modelisation of hybrid systems 

 * logic modelling of multi-agent systems.

We expect to attract high quality original papers that cover relevant
aspects of these topics. All submissions will be thoroughly evaluated.
On the basis of the referee reports, papers will be selected for
presentation at the conference and for the published post-conference 
proceedings.

Invited Speakers:

G. Dowek (INRIA Rocquencourt)
K. Schulz (LMU Muenchen)
T. Uribe (Stanford U.)
R. Zippel (IDC Herzliya)

Program Committee:

F. Baader (RWTH Aachen)
D. Basin (U. Freiburg)
F. Benhamou (U. Nantes)
T. Fruehwirth (LMU Muenchen)
F. Giunchiglia (ITC-IRST Trento)
B. Gramlich (TU Wien)
H. Kirchner (LORIA Nancy) 
C. Kreitz (Cornell U.)
T. Mossakowski (U. Bremen)
J. Pfalzgraf (U. Salzburg)
M. de Rijke (U. Amsterdam)
C. Ringeissen (LORIA Nancy)
T. Scott (U. Paderborn/INRIA)
M. Wallace (IC-Parc London)

Program Chairs:

H. Kirchner and C. Ringeissen
LORIA & INRIA-Lorraine
Campus Scientifique - BP 239
54506 Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy Cedex
France
E-mail: [email-masked]

Local Organization:

C. Bergeret, A.-L. Charbonnier, A. Demange, H. Kirchner,
C. Ringeissen, L. Vigneron.

Paper Submissions:

Authors are encouraged to use LaTeX and the standard article
class/style file (10pt). The primary means of submission will be
electronic, in PostScript format.  Papers should be compressed, then
uuencoded, and e-mailed to the program chairs. Papers should not
exceed 15 pages, and should be received via e-mail by October 1,
1999. Results must be unpublished, and not submitted for publication
elsewhere.  Submissions should start with title, author(s) 
(names, correspondence addresses, e-mail addresses), and abstract.  

Important Dates:

   Paper Submissions: October 1, 1999
         E-mail for paper submissions: [email-masked]

   Notification of Acceptance: December 20, 1999
   Final Versions due: February 5, 2000
   Conference: March 22-24, 2000

FroCoS'2000 is just before ETAPS'2000 (Berlin, March 25-April 2,2000) 
so that attendance to both conferences can be suitably combined.

Information on FroCoS'2000 is available by WWW:  
   http://www.loria.fr/conferences/frocos2000/