Subject: categories: John Isbell (fwd)

From: Michael Barr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:10:21 -0400 (EDT)

Jack has asked me to post the following:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:48:12 -0400
From: John Duskin <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Barr <[email-masked]>
Subject: John Isbell

Mike perhaps you could post this to the net as a reply to your , I feel,
overly pessimistic view of John's condition:

	Mike, your pessimistic view of John's condition is not shared by
those of us who have seen him in Buffalo. People who have been in a
prolonged coma may take months to return to normal functioning and even
then require equally long periods of rehabilitation. René Lavendhomme told
me this summer about his experience and mental confusion after a prolonged
coma..."and then I even had to re-learn to walk!". People who know him now
would never know that he had had such a terrible experience. I hope that
that will be the case with John as well. Knowing him I can well imagine him
quoting Mark Twain to us: " The reports of my demise have been greatly
exaggerated."