Subject: categories: Replacement Position at Saint Mary's University

From: Robert Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:33:19 -0300

SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY =20
MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING SCIENCE DEPARTMENT

FULL TIME, LIMITED-TERM APPOINTMENT

The Department of Mathematics and Computing Science at Saint Mary's 
University invites applications for a nine- to twelve-month replacement 
position in Computing Science at the rank of Lecturer or Assistant 
Professor, to begin September 1, 1999.

The successful candidate will have at least a M.Sc. but preferably a  
Ph.D. in Computing Science, or possibly a degree in a related subject 
with a very strong background in Computing Science. The successful 
candidate will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate level,
ideally including Artificial Intelligence, Information Retrieval, File 
Structures, Advanced Architectures, and Linear Algebra. While there is 
some flexibility in course assignment, a candidate who can teach all or 
most of these courses will be preferred.

Salary will depend on qualifications and experience; teaching load (9 
hours/week) will be standard for the department.  Applications, 
including a curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of at least
three referees should be sent to:

 Department of Mathematics and Computing Science
 Attention: Chairperson of Search Committee
 Saint Mary's University
 Halifax, Nova Scotia
 B3H 3C3
 fax: (902) 420-5141
 e-mail:  [email-masked]

 Applications will be reviewed as soon as possible after being received, 
and  applications will continue to be received until the position is 
filled.

 In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this 
advertisement is directed, in the first instance, to Canadian citizens 
and permanent  residents, but applications are invited from other 
qualified applicants. Saint Mary's University is committed to the 
principles of  Employment Equity.