Subject: categories: Lectureship in Theoretical Computer Science in Birmingham

From: Achim Jung <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:56:16 +0100 (BST)

The University of Birmingham
		      School of Computer Science

		 LECTURER IN THEORETICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE

Applications are invited for a permanent lectureship in Theoretical
Computer Science in the School of Computer Science at the University of
Birmingham. 

Applications from all areas of Theoretical Computer Science will be
considered but preferential treatment will be given to candidates who
show promise to strengthen existing activities. These encompass
Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, Lambda Calculus, Type
Theory, and Verification of Systems. The School has recently appointed
Uday Reddy to a Chair in Programming Languages and close cooperation
between the existing Theory group and this new strand of activity is
expected.

For further information, please see

ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/info/lect.tcs/particulars.htm

Please pass this advert on to any interested individuals in your
department.

Kind regards,

Achim Jung.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Prof Achim Jung			Tel.: (+44) 121 414 4776
 School of Computer Science		Sec.: (+44) 121 414 3711
 The University of Birmingham		Fax.: (+44) 121 414 4281
 Edgbaston				Email: [email-masked]
 BIRMINGHAM, B15 2TT			Web: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk
 England
-------------------------------------------------------------------------