Subject: categories: Announcement WD'99

From: Thomas Streicher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:55:17 +0200 (MESZ)

Sorry, if you receive this announcement several times !

                     2nd Announcement of 
             
                    5th DOMAINS WORKSHOP 

             (Darmstadt, 23. - 26. September 1999)

Dear colleagues,

the 5th Workshop on Domains will take place in Darmstadt from Thursday, the
23rd of September till Sunday, the 26th of September. 

We will start on Thursday after lunch. In this session there will be talks by 
D.Scott and A.Jung on the occasion of Klaus Keimel's 60th Birthday. Afterwards,
there will be a football match in the early evening followed by a barbecue. 

Whether there will be program on Sunday or it will be the day of departure 
will depend on the number of talks that people want to deliver. The idea of 
having in principle two full days for talks is motivated mainly by the 
intention to avoid a too dense schedule and leave enough time for discussion.

The talks should concentrate on the following topics
      
    - Classical Domain Theory 
    - Denotational Semantics of Programming Languages
    - Categorical Logic and Realisability
    - Synthetic Domain Theory
    - Non-Classical Domain Theory (Stable Domains, Full Abstraction ...)
    - Exact Computation on Classical Spaces 

This list is not exclusive and talks on related topics are encouraged.
As usual there will be "open house" in the sense that there is no refereeing 
and people are invited to talk about work in progress. 

For registration, please, send a message to

        [email-masked]
       
together with title and abstract of your talk. If you want to give a talk
you have to tell us till 23rd August 1999.

More information about the workshop can be found at the homepage

      http://www.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/~erker/wd5/

In particular, there you can find an address via which you can reserve
accommodation. We also plan to organise some private accommodation for
undergraduate students who cannot afford to pay the hotel expenses.

Awaiting your registration

                                     Michael Marz, Thomas Streicher