Subject: categories: The Scott Russell Johnson Memorial Fellowship

From: Ross Street <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:33:28 +1000

Dear "Categories"

Would you please post this advertisement on your electronic Bulletin Board?

Regards,
Ross

MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
DIVISION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION SCIENCES
MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT

Research Fellow in Mathematics
(Full time, fixed term)

**Scott Russell Johnson Memorial Fellowship**

This Fellowship is funded by a generous donation to the Centre of
Australian Category Theory (CoACT) in memory of Dr Scott Russell Johnson.
The appointee will conduct research within CoACT;  other duties include
seminar presentations, postgraduate supervision and relevant teaching.

Applicants must have an outstanding PhD (or the equivalent), or
post-doctoral research achievements at an outstanding level, in a relevant
field of mathematics such as category theory, algebraic topology, algebraic
geometry, or low-dimensional topology.

Enquiries should be addressed to the Director of CoACT, Prof Ross Street
(email <[email-masked]>, phone (02)9850 8921), or Mrs Elaine Vaughan
(email <[email-masked]>, phone (02) 9850 8947, fax (02) 9850 8114).

The position is available immediately for a period of three years.  The
appointment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of a
probationary period of three months.

  Salary Range:	Level A $34,647 to $47,019 per annum. An appointee with a
PhD will commence at least at Point 6 on the salary scale, at $43,803 per
annum, plus superannuation. Level B $49,495 to $58,776 per annum. Level of
appointment will depend on relevant experience.

Applications including curriculum vitae setting out research interests and
publications, the reference number, Australian visa status, and the names
and addresses (including email) of three referees should be forwarded to
the Recruitment Manager, Personnel Office, Macquarie University, NSW 2109
by 6 August 1999.

Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity and No Smoking in the Workplace are University
Policies.