Subject: categories: HHA article available

From: Walter Tholen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:53:40 -0500

The following paper is now available:

 A Categorical Guide to Separation, Compactness and Perfectness 
 
 Walter Tholen 
 
 Based on a rather arbitrary class of morphisms in a category, which play the role of "closed 
maps", we present a general approach to separation and compactness, both at the object and the 
morphism levels. It covers essential parts of the classical topological theory, generalizes 
various previous categorical treatments of the theme, and allows for a number of less expected 
applications outside topology. 
 
 Homology, Homotopy and Applications, Vol. 1, 1999, No. 6, pp 147-161
 http://www.rmi.acnet.ge/hha/volumes/1999/n6/n6.dvi
 http://www.rmi.acnet.ge/hha/volumes/1999/n6/n6.ps
 http://www.rmi.acnet.ge/hha/volumes/1999/n6/n6.dvi.gz
 http://www.rmi.acnet.ge/hha/volumes/1999/n6/n6.ps.gz
 ftp://ftp.rmi.acnet.ge/pub/hha/volumes/1999/n6/n6.dvi
 ftp://ftp.rmi.acnet.ge/pub/hha/volumes/1999/n6/n6.ps
 ftp://ftp.rmi.acnet.ge/pub/hha/volumes/1999/n6/n6.dvi.gz
 ftp://ftp.rmi.acnet.ge/pub/hha/volumes/1999/n6/n6.ps.gz