Subject: categories: IFIP TC1 TCS Conference Y2000 in Japan

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:11:19 +0900

"International Conference on Theoretical Computer Science"

         --- Exploring New Frontiers of Theoretical Informatics ---

                         organized by

      IFIP Technical Committee TC1 on Foundations of Computer Science

                       in cooperation with

              Information Processing Society of Japan
          Japan Society of Software Science and Technology (*)
 Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers of Japan (*)
         European Association of Theoretical Computer Science
                  Association for Symbolic Logic (*)
             Association for Computing Machinery-SIGACT

                    (*) indicates "to be verified".

Date:     August 17 - 19, 2000

Place:    Aoba Memorial Building, Faculty of Engineering, Tohoku University,
          Sendai, Japan

Web page: http://tcs2000.ito.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/tcs2000.html

Email:    For any inquiry on TCS2000, 
          <<to be formed as follows>>
          [email-masked]

Conference Co-Chairs:
    Giorgio Ausiello, IFIP TC1 Chair and University of Roma "La Sapienza"
    Takayasu Ito, Tohoku University

Steering Committee:
    Giorgio Ausiello, University of Roma "La Sapienza" (chair)
    Wilfried Brauer, Technical University of Muenchen
    Takayasu Ito, Tohoku University
    Michael Rabin, Harvard University
    John Staples, University of Queensland
    Joseph Traub, Columbia University

Organizing Committee: 
    Co-Chairs:  Takayasu Ito, Tohoku University
                Yasuyoshi Inagaki, Nagoya University
                Setsuo Arikawa, Kyushu University
    Members:    (To be announced)

Program Committee:
   TRACK (1): "Algorithms, Complexity and Models of Computation"
    Co-Chairs:  Jan van Leeuwen, University of Utrecht
                Osamu Watanabe, Tokyo Institue of Technology
   TRACK (2): "Logic, Semantics, Specification and Verification"
    Co-Chairs:  Peter D. Mosses, University of Aarhus
                Masami Hagiya, University of Tokyo
   PC Members:  (To be announced)

Major Topics: <Tentative list of major topics>                                       
   TRACK (1): "Algorithms, Complexity and Models of Computation"              
     Analysis and design of algorithms                                  
     Continuous algorithms and complexity                              
     Computational complexity                                        
     Descriptional complexity                                         
     Cellular automata and machines                                    
     Automata and formal languages                                    
     Hardware algorithms and parallel algorithms                          
     Computational learning theory
     Algorithmic aspects in discovery science                                     
     Cryptography                                                   
     Combinatorics                                                 
     Molecular computing and algorithmic aspects of bioinformatics
     Probabilistic and randomized algorithms                             
     Quantum computing                                           
     Neural network computing
     Evolutionary and genetic algorithms
     Computational geometry                                          
     Computational mathematical finance                               
     Bridging complexity and semantics

   TRACK (2): "Logic, Semantics, Specification and Verification"                   
     Logic and semantics for programs and languages                      
     Foundations of system specification                               
     Term rewriting systems                                          
     Proofs and specifications in computer science                         
     Types and category theory in computer science                       
     Theoretical aspects of specification and verification of 
        hardware and software
     Theoretical aspects of software concepts                             
     Concurrency theory                                              
     Theory of parallel and distributed systems                            
     Theory of internet languages and systems                               
     Constructive and non-standard logics in computer science              
     Foundations of security                                              
     Theoretical foundations of data bases                                  
     Logic, specification and verification of hybrid and real-time systems
     Theoretical foundations of open systems                                
     Bridging semantics and complexity                                 
             
Keynote Plenary Speakers:    (to be announced) 

Invited Speakers for TRACKs: (to be announced)

Call for Papers: (to be announced)

  [Important Dates]

    Deadline for submission:     January 28 (Friday), 2000                            

    Notification of acceptance:  April 7 (Friday), 2000                              
                                                                            
    Deadline for final text:     May 5 (Friday), 2000                               
                                                                             
=============================================================================