Subject: categories: OOSDS99 Call for papers

From: Natalia Ioustinova <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 16:47:02 +0200 (MET DST)

========================================================================
This message contains public information, only, and the receiver
is allowed, and invited, to copy it and distribute it further.

Our apologies if you received duplicates of this message due to the
mailing list aliases.

You can also visit the OOSDS'99 web site at
http://www.tec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/IuK/congr/oosds99/

========================================================================
			   CALL FOR PAPERS

			       OOSDS'99
				   
	Workshop on Object-Oriented Specification Techniques
	        for Distributed Systems and Behaviours

		Paris, France, September 27, 1999
	http://www.tec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/IuK/congr/oosds99/
	
========================================================================

SCOPE OF WORKSHOP:
=================
The workshop is focused on specification languages for distributed 
systems which are extensions of object-oriented languages or have an 
object-oriented kind of base structure. The aim is to bring together
researchers interested in incorporating object-oriented concepts 
and  formal methods for specification of distributed systems and
behaviours. 

TOPICS (NOT EXCLUSIVE LIST):
============================
Object-oriented approaches to specification of distributed systems 
and behaviours.

Semantic models for concurrency and object-orientation (e.g. based on the 
lambda-calculus, process algebra, pi-calculus, linear logic).

Characteristic examples of object-oriented specification from real 
application domains (e.g. distributed algorithms, workflow specification, 
communication protocols).

Logic reasoning on distributed systems and behaviours.

SUBMISSION:
===========
The deadline for submission is September 2, 1999. 
Submission is in electronic form only.
Submission may be of two forms:
	Extended abstracts: up to 3 pages.
	Papers and reports: up to 6 pages.
In both cases a separate page with the following information: 
        title, author(s), corresponding author,
        contact information and a 12-15 lines summary 
should be included.
The papers and/or abstracts should be sent by e-mail to 
[email-masked].
Selection for presentation will be carried out by the organizers.
Emphasis is put on the potential of the submission to stimulate 
discussions in the above-mentioned scope.
Notification of acceptance is expected for September 14, 1999.

PUBLICATION:
============
The accepted submissions will be published electronically,
i.e. they will remain available from the workshop web page.
Furthermore, selected papers will be invited for post
workshop publication. 

RELATED EVENTS:
==============
This workshop is organized as a satellite workshop of PPDP'99, 
The 1999 International Conference on  Principles and Practice 
of Declarative Programming, Paris, France, September 29-October 1, 1999. 
http://www.dmi.ens.fr/~fages/PPDP99/

ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE:
=======================
Clemens H. Cap  (Rostock University, Germany) 
Natalia Ioustinova  (Rostock University, Germany) 
Javier Oliver  (Technical University of Valencia, Spain) 
Nobuko Yoshida  (University of Sussex, UK)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
=======================
WEB: http://www.tec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/IuK/congr/oosds99/
MAIL: [email-masked]