Subject: categories: PSI99 submission deadline extension

From: Alexandre Zamulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 09:23:25 +0100

***********************************************
            *** EXTENSION of PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE ***
            ***********************************************

Due to several reasons, the deadline for electronic submission of
extended abstracts to A.P Ershov Third International Conference
"Perspectives in System Informatics" (PSI'99) is extended for 
two weeks as follows:

NEW DEADLINE: February 14, 1999   
   
Call for papers is attached below for your reference.
***********************************************

                        FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS
            Andrei Ershov Third International Conference
                  PERSPECTIVES OF SYSTEM INFORMATICS

        6 - 9 July 1999, Novosibirsk, Akademgorodok, Russia

AIMS AND SCOPE

The conference is held to honour the late Academician Andrei Ershov
(1931-1988) and his outstanding contributions towards advancing
informatics. The first two conferences were held in May 1991 and
June 1996 and proved to be big international events.

Andrei Ershov was one of the early Russian pioneers in the field of
theoretical and systems programming, a founder of the Siberian School

of Computer Science. In 1974 he was nominated as a Distinguished
Fellow of the British Computer Society. In 1981 he received the
Silver Core Award for services rendered to IFIP. Andrei Ershov's
brilliant speeches were always in the focus of public attention.
Especially notable was his lecture on "Aesthetic and human factor in
programming" presented at the AFIPS Spring Joint Computer Conference
in 1972. Andrei Ershov was not only an extremely gifted scientist,
teacher and fighter for his ideas, but also a bright and many-sided
personality. He wrote poetry, translated the works of R.Kipling and
other English poets, and enjoyed playing guitar and singing.
Everyone who had the pleasure of knowing Andrei Ershov and working
with him will always remember his great vision, eminent
achievements, and generous friendship.

The aim of the Conference is to provide a forum for the presentation
and in-depth discussion of advanced research directions in Computer
Science. For a developing science, it is important to work out
consolidating ideas, concepts and models. Movement in this direction
is one of the goals the Conference is to meet. Improvement of the
contacts and exchange of ideas between researchers from the East and
West are further goals.

CONFERENCE TOPICS

Conference topics include:

              Semantics-Based Program Processing
- program specification, transformation, and verification,
- semantics, logic and formal models of programs,
- partial evaluation, mixed computation, and abstract interpretation,
- program analysis, understanding and visualization.

              Program Methodology and Information Technologies:
- object-oriented programming,
- generic programming,
- parallel and distributed computing,
- database and information systems.

              Artificial Intelligence:
- knowledge engineering,
- natural language processing,
- AI tools and applications
- constraint programming and multi-agent technology.

In addition to papers in the above list of topics, papers both
bridging the gap between different directions and promoting mutual
understanding of researchers in different directions are welcome.
Papers defining the prospects of Computer Science in the whole and
joint West-East papers are also encouraged.

LOCATION

The conference will be held in Akademgorodok (Academy town), 30 km
South from Novosibirsk, the largest city of Siberia. Akademgorodok is
located in a picturesque place near the Ob lake. It is surrounded
with birch and pine forests and pleasant not only for work but for
recreation as well. Silence, beautiful landscape, and pure air are
the factors promoting scientific activity and creativity.

CONFERENCE CHAIR

Alexander Marchuk
Institute of Informatics Systems
6, Acad. Lavrentjev pr.
630090 Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
tel.: +7-3832-343652
fax: +7-3832-323494
e-mail: [email-masked]

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS:

Dines Bjorner
Dept. of IT
Technical University of Denmark,
DK-2800 Lyngby, DENMARK
Phone/Fax: +45-45.88.45.30
E-mail: [email-masked]

Manfred Broy
Institut fuer Informatik
Technische  Universitaet Muenchen
D-80290 Munich, GERMANY
Phone:         +49-89-21058161
Fax:           +49-89-21058183
E-mail:        [email-masked]

Alexandre Zamulin
Institute of Informatics Systems
6, Acad. Lavrentjev pr.
630090 Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
Phone: +7-3832-396258
Fax:   +7-3832-323494
E-mail: [email-masked]

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE MEMBERS

Janis Barzdins (Riga, Latvia)
Frederic Benhamou (Nantes, France)
Christian Boitet (Grenoble, France)
Mikhail Bulyonkov (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Piotr Dembinski (Warsaw, Poland)
Alexander Dikovsky (Nantes, France)
Victor Ivannikov (Moscow, Russia)
Philippe Jorrand (Grenoble, France)
Leonid Kalinichenko (Moscow, Russia)
Alexander Kleschev (Vladivostok, Russia)
Vadim Kotov (Palo Alto, USA)
Reino Kurki-Suonio (Tampere, Finland)
Alexander Letichevski (Kiev, Ukraine)
Eduard Ljubimsky (Moscow, Russia)
Rudiger Loos (Tuebingen, Germany)
Bernhard Moeller (Augsburg, Germany)
Hanspeter Moessenboeck (Linz, Austria)
Valery Nepomniaschy (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Gennady Osipov (Pereslavl-Zalesski, Russia)
Jaan Penjam (Tallinn, Estonia)
Peter Pepper (Berlin, Germany)
Igor Pottosin (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Wolfgang Reisig (Berlin, Germany)
Dieter Rombach (Kaiserslautern, Germany)
Dean Rosenzweig (Zagreb, Croatia)
Viktor Sabelfeld (Karlsruhe, Germany)
Vladimir Sazonov (Pereslavl-Zalesski, Russia)
David Schmidt (Manhattan, USA)
Sibylle Schupp (Troy, USA)
Valery Sokolov (Yaroslavl, Russia)
Nicolas Spyratos (Paris, France)
Alexander Tomilin (Moscow, Russia)
Enn Tyugu (Stockholm, Sweden)
Andrei Voronkov (Uppsala, Sweden)
Tatyana Yakhno (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Zhou Chaochen (Macau)

CONFERENCE SECRETARY

Natalia Cheremnykh
Institute of Informatics Systems
6, Acad. Lavrentjev pr.
630090 Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
tel.: +7-3832-342352
fax: +7-3832-323494
e-mail: {cher, [email-masked]

To maintain an intensive conference atmosphere and enable in-depth
discussions, the number of participants is limited to 100. Three
kinds of presentations - invited talks, regular contributed talks,
and short contributed talks - are proposed.

INVITED SPEAKERS

1. K. Apt (CWI, The Netherlands)
   "A language-independent framework for constraint programming".
2. V. Basili (University of Maryland, USA). "Understanding software
   for use: a family of empirical studies".
3. M.-C. Gaudel (Universite Paris-Sud, France), A. Zamulin (IIS,
   Novosibirsk). "Algebraic imperative specifications".
4. N. Jones (DIKU, Denmark). "Some perspectives on mixed
   computation, including on-line abstract interpretation as a basis
   for performing program transformation".
5. D. Mery (Universite Henri Poincare & Institut Universitaire
   de France & LORIA, France). "Formal modelling of services for
   getting a better understanding of the feature interaction problem"
6. R. Morrison (University of St. Andrews, Scotland).
   "Persistent hyperprogramming".
7. A. Narinyani (RIAI, Moscow). "Information technologies:
   revolution at the beginning of the 21st century".
8. D. Sannella (Edinburgh University, Scotland)
   "The common framework initiative for design specification
   and development of software".

CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
A book of abstracts of invited and accepted talks will be
available at the Conference. The full versions of the talks
presented at the Conference are expected to be published by
Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science
series (one can find the Proceedings of the previous
conference in LNCS, Vol. 1181).

SUBMISSIONS

All submissions must be in English, clearly written and in
sufficient detail to allow the Programme Committee to assess the
merits of the work. Electronic submissions are encouraged.
They should be received in Novosibirsk by January, 31 (extended to
February, 14). A PostScript file of an extended abstract (up to 
8 pages for a regular talk and up to 4 pages for a short talk) 
should be e-mailed to the following address: [email-masked]
Please use LaTeX2e or LaTeX. When preparing your submission please
follow instructions for authors of papers to be published at
Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
For more information see www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html.

The abstract should indicate complete authors' addresses (including
e-mail addresses and fax numbers if any), affiliation and a clear
statement of the kind of the submission (regular or short talk).
Papers arriving late or exceeding size limits may be rejected
immediately without refereeing. The receipt of all submitted papers
will be acknowledged by e-mail within 2 days.

Authors will be notified of acceptance by March 31, 1999.
Material submitted to the Conference should be unpublished and not
submitted for publication elsewhere, including journals or other
conferences.

TRAVELLING

A direct Siberia Airlines flight will bring you from Frankfurt or
Hannover to Novosibirsk and back. Participants travelling via
Moscow will be met in Moscow and helped to take a domestic flight
by Aeroflot or TransAero airlines. All participants will be met
at the Novosibirsk airport and brought to Akademgorodok by a
special transport.

WEATHER

The weather in Novosibirsk at the beginning of July is normally quite

warm and sunny with the temperatures in the range of 25-30 C. Night
swimming in the Ob lake is guaranteed.

IMPORTANT DATES

February 14, 1999: new submission deadline of extended abstracts

March 31, 1999:  notification of acceptance (by e-mail)

July 5, 1999: arrival date

July 6 - 9, 1999: the Conference dates

September 1, 1999:  final papers due (camera-ready, LaTeX, llncs
style)

For more information see http://www.iis.nsk.su/PSI99