Subject: categories: email address change

From: [email-masked] (Ross Street)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:42:08 +1000

As we are told, academics and computers all need Restructuring.
Consequently, my email address is now

        [email-masked]

and my homepage site is now

        http://www.math.mq.edu.au/~street/

Members of the British Empire, can replace "math" by "maths" without a problem.

[[[Behind the scenes what is happening is that our old machine "macadam"
will soon die and I am using a new machine called "hera".  Our old "School
of Mathematics, Physics, Computing and Electronics" (this is where the
previous reference to MPCE came from) has restructured to become the
"Division of Information and Communication Science" but I cannot believe
that I belong in such a place.  Luckily our computer services friends have
allowed us to by-pass this Division terminology and have enabled the easily
remembered

        math.mq.edu.au

given that "mq" stands for "Macquarie" and "au" for "Australia".  Note that
supporters of the name of the new Division understandably prefer "Division
of ICS" to the natural shorter acronyms "DICS" and "DOICS". ]]]

Yours progressively,
Ross Street