Subject: categories: CL2000: call for workshop proposals

From: [email-masked] (Raamsdonk van F)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:53:07 +0100 (MET)

*** apologies for multiple copies ***

                              CL2000

        First International Conference on Computational Logic
        Imperial College, London, UK, 24th to 29th July, 2000
                  http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/cl2000/

                   CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

CL2000 is the first conference in a major new series of annual
international conferences bringing together the various communities of
researchers who have a common interest in Computational Logic.

CL2000 includes seven streams covering various subfields of
computational logic. DOOD2000 (6th International Conference on Rules
and Objects in Databases) and LOPSTR2000 (10th International Workshop
on Logic-based Program Synthesis and Transformation) will be streams
within CL2000. Moreover, the International Conference on Logic
Programming (ICLP) is now integrated into CL2000.  ILP2000 (10th
International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming) is also
collocated with CL2000.

The organisation of CL2000 will provide facilities for half-day and
one-day workshops, to be held on Saturday July 29th.

Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for
workshops on topics in computational logic.
Anyone wishing to organise a workshop should send (possibly by email,
in text or html format) a proposal no longer than two pages to the
workshop coordinator by 

               December 20, 1999  

The proposal should describe the topic of the proposed workshop and 
its relevance to computational logic. Besides the contact information 
and the list of the organisers, the proposal should contain - when 
applicable - the following information:

- proposed duration of the workshop (half day/one day),
- description of previously organised similar workshops, 
- expected number of participants,
- character of the workshop (formal/informal, via
  submission/invitation),
- plans for publication of the proceedings.

The workshop organisers will be responsible for maintaining a
homepage, and for producing one hard copy of the proceedings in A4 or
US-letter format. Organisers who whish to use a format different than
A4 or US-letter are expected to produce the needed copies of
proceedings as well.

Proposals will be evaluated by the program committee and decisions
will be made by January 10, 2000. Further information about the
arrangements for workshops can be obtained from the workshop coordinator.

Workshop Coordinator: 

	Sandro Etalle 
	Dept. of Computer Science, 
	University of Maastricht, 
	P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht 
	email: [email-masked]	
	Fax: ++31 (0)43 3884897