Subject: categories: Position available

From: Michael Mislove <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 19:27:22 -0600

Dear Colleagues,
   Below is an announcement of an Assistant Professor position in 
Theoretical Computer Science that is open in the Mathematics Department at 
Tulane. The position will start in Fall 2000. I apologize if you receive 
this announcement more than once.
   Best regards,
   Mike Mislove

	          Assistant Professor Position
		Mathematics Department
		    Tulane University

Applications are invited for a tenure track, Assistant Professor position 
in Theoretical Computer Science beginning in Fall 2000. The areas of 
research interest include the semantics of computation, domain theory, 
logic, programming languages, lambda calculus, concurrency and process 
algebra, and verification. Candidates must have a PhD in mathematics or 
computer science, and must demonstrate research excellence as well as 
having a documented history of excellence in teaching. More information 
about the department can be found on its home page http://www.math.tulane.edu

Tulane University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that 
is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. We therefore 
especially encourage applications from underrepresented groups. 
Applications should be sent

   c/o Hiring Committee
        Mathematics Department
        Tulane University
        New Orleans, LA 70118

Electronic applications are accepted at [email-masked] and the use of 
the AMS cover sheet is encouraged. A complete application should include 
Curriculum Vitae, statements on research and on teaching, as well as three 
letters of recommendation commenting on both research and teaching.

Contact person:  Professor Michael Mislove
                          [email-masked]

Application deadline: February 1, 2000

==========================================================
Michael W. Mislove		
Professor and Chairman         Phone: +1 504 862-3441
Department of Mathematics    FAX:    +1 504 865-5063
Tulane University                   Email:  [email-masked]
New Orleans, LA 70118         URL:   http://www.math.tulane.edu/mislove.html
USA
==========================================================