Subject: categories: Yet another new book (shameless commerce division, again)

From: "Fred E.J. Linton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:50:18 -0500 (EST)

Participants in this past summer's Coimbra meetings may be interested to
learn that the photographs my wife snapped there have now (like those of
April in Buffalo) been incorporated into another "This is Us" volume:
"Symposium -- Celebrating [with] Saunders." 

 Same format as "This is Us, Vol. 1: Doing Math -- Category Theorists at
Buffalo," and same price, yet with even more pictures (170 pp. vs. 108
pp.).  Using less costly paper and a more economical printing technique
helped keep expenses -- and hence price -- about the same; fortunately,
with no appreciable degradation of image quality. 

 Pre-publication mock-ups got shown around last month, at the University
of Chicago's own Saunders' Birthday Party, and at the McGill OktoberFest;
thanks to all whom these tempted into placing early orders, publication
was completed on November 1, in the very constructive sense that on that
date we mailed out all copies ordered in October, and that all orders
arriving since then have seen same-day fulfillment. 

 Further copies of both books can now be produced upon demand, as can also
custom enlargements of individual photos.  For details, please use the
address in the .sig below. 
 
 Cheers (and thanks for forgiving this commercial intrusion upon your time),

 -- Fred [E.J. Linton,  aka  <[email-masked]> ,  for The Lintons'
Video Press]