Subject: categories: Research Associate Position at Leicester

From: "Roy L. Crole" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 17:55:22 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Colleagues,

I would be grateful if you could bring the Research Associate position
detailed below to the attention of anyone who might be interested. The
following areas are relevant to the project: automated reasoning,
category theory, formal methods, logic, types, and programming
languages.

Regards,

Roy Crole.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

		       UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER

	    Department of Mathematics and Computer Science

           Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Ref: R9112/GD)

Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate to work on
a project funded by the EPSRC to develop Mechanized Operational
Semantics.  Applicants should have (or expect soon to have) a
Ph.D. which includes experience in either programming language
semantics or machine assisted proof. Knowledge of both areas would be
an advantage. The project will involve the coding of operational
semantics within a theorem prover such as Isabelle or HOL, and will
lead to verifications of compiler optimizations. The position is
available from January 2000 for up to three years. Salary will be on
the R&A1A scale 16,286 to 24,479 GBP pa. Further details can be
found at http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/jobs

Application forms and further particulars are available from the
Personnel Office (Appointments), University of Leicester, University Road,
Leicester LE1 7RH, tel: +44 (0)116 223 1341, fax: +44 (0)116 252 5140,
email: [email-masked]

Closing date: 26 November 1999.