Subject: categories: COCOON 2000

From: Vladimir Estivill-Castro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:11:28 +1000 (EST)

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.
 
              COCOON'2OOO --- Preliminary Call for Papers ---
 
      Sixth Annual International Computing and Combinatorics Conference
      July 26-28, 2000, Bondi Beach , Sydney , Australia 
 
 The Sixth Annual International Computing and Combinatorics Conference,
COCOON'2000, will be held in Bondi Beach , Sydney , Australia 
July 26--28, 2000 (a few weeks before the XXVII Olympics, 
September 15 -- October 1 ). The conference aims to provide a forum
for researchers in theoretical computer science. Original research
papers in the areas of algorithms, theory of computation, computational
complexity, and combinatorics related to computing are solicited. In
additional to theoretical results, submissions that report substantial
results in experimental and applied research are encouraged. Typical,
but not exclusive, topics of interest include: 
         -- algorithms and data structures 
         -- automata, languages and logic 
         -- combinatorics related to algorithms and complexity 
         -- complexity theory 
         -- computational algebra, biology, geometry, and number theory 
         -- computational learning theory and knowledge discovery 
         -- cryptography and database theory 
         -- graph drawing and information visualization 
         -- graph theory, communication networks, and optimization 
         -- parallel and distributed computing 
 Submissions to the conference this year will again be conducted
 electronically. Authors should send a PostScript file of a paper
 (in English) to [email-masked] by February 8, 2000.
 A submission guideline will be given on our home page: 
 http://www.cs.newcastle.edu.au/~cocoon2000
 Alternatively, authors unable to access e-mail may send 6(six) hard
 copies of their papers to: 
         Xuemin Lin - COCOON'2000 
         School of Computer Science and Engineering 
         University of New South Wales 
         Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia. 
         e-mail: [email-masked]
 A paper should start with the title of the paper, each author's name,
 affiliation, e-mail address, and a short summary of the main results.
 The paper should provide sufficient detail to allow the Program
 Committee to evaluate its validity, quality, and relevance to the
 conference. The length of the paper should not exceed 10 pages
 (using 11 point or larger font, with ample margins all around).
 If necessary, authors may include a clearly marked appendix that 
 will be read at the discretion of the Program Committee. 
 An abstract of the paper must be submitted electronically by 
 February 1, 2000. Authors will be notified of acceptance or
 rejection by March 30, 2000. A camera-ready copy of 
 each accepted paper will be required by April 26, 2000. The
 proceedings of the conference will be published by Springer-Verlag
 in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series, and will be 
 available for distribution at the conference. The Hao Wang award
 will be given to the best paper (details will be given on our home
 page). We also introduce an award for the best paper from a 
 young researcher (at most 3 years since PhD). 
 
 Program Committee Co-Chairs 
 =========================== 
         Ding-Zhu Du (U. of Minnesota, USA)  
         Peter Eades (Newcastle, Australia)  
         Xuemin Lin (New South Wales, Australia) 
 Conference Co-Chairs 
 ====================
         Vladimir Estivill-Castro (Newcastle, Australia)  
         Arun Sharma (New South Wales, Australia) 
 Program Committee
 =================
         David Avis (McGill, Canada), Jianer Chen (Texas A&M, USA), 
 Francis Chin (Hong Kong U, Hong Kong), Vladimir Estivill-Castro 
 (Newcastle, Australia), George Havas (UQ, Australia), Hiroshi
 Imai (Tokyo, Japan), Tao Jiang (UC Riverside, USA), Richard 
 Karp (UC Berkeley, USA), Michael Juenger (Cologne, Germany),
 D. T. Lee (Academia Sinica, Taiwan), Bernard Mans (Macquarie U.,
 Australia), Brendan McKay (ANU, Australia), Maurice Nivat
 (Universitie de Paris VII, France), Takeshi Tokuyama (Tohoku, Japan), 
 Roberto Tamassia (Brown, USA), Jie Wang (UNC Greensboro, USA), 
 Shmuel Zaks (Technion, Israel), Louxin Zhang (NUS, Singapore), 
 Shuzhong Zhang (CUHK, Hong Kong), Binhai Zhu (City U Hong Kong,
 Hong Kong) 

 Invited Speakers 
 ================
         - Christos H. Papadimitriou (University of California, Berkeley) 
         -  Richard Brent (Oxford University Computing Laboratory) 
 Important Dates
 ==============
         -- Submission of Abstracts: February 1, 2000 
         -- Submission of Papers: February 8, 2000. 
         -- Notification of Acceptance: March 30, 2000. 
         -- Final Version: April 26, 2000. 
         -- Conference: July 26-28, 2000 . 
 Location
 ========
 The conference will be held at the Swiss-Grand Hotel in Bondi Beach,
 Sydney, Australia. 

 Further Information
 ===================
 Please contact [email-masked] for further information. 
 Sponsors
 ========
         - University of New South Wales 
         - University of Newcastle 
         - Computer Science Association of Australasia