Subject: categories: LambekFestSchrift table of contents

From: "Robert A.G. Seely" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 00:33:42 -0400

The LambekFestschrift:
Special issues of MSCS and TAC in honour of Joachim Lambek's 75th birthday

The following papers will appear in the Lambekfest issue of Mathematical
Structures in Computer Science

  * Borisavljevic, Dosen, & Petric: "On permuting cut with contraction"
  * Bunge & Fiore : "Unique Factorisation Lifting Functors and Categories of
     Processes"
  * Cockett, Koslowski, & Seely: "Introduction to Linear Bicategories"
  * Haghverdi: "Unique Decomposition Categories, Geometry of Interaction and
     Combinatory Logic"
  * Hamano: "Pontrjagin Duality and a Full Completeness of Multiplicative
     Linear Logic Without the Mix Rule"
  * Ruet: "Non-commutative logic II: sequent calculus and phase semantics"
  * Seldin: "On Lists in the Calculus of Constructions"

The following papers will appear in the Lambekfest issue of Theory and
Applications of Categories (Vol 6)

  * Barr: "*-autonomous categories: once more around the track"
  * Betti: "Bicategory approach to static modules"
  * Hines: "The categorical theory of self-similarity"
  * Okada & Scott: "A note on rewriting theory for uniqueness of iteration"
  * Pare: "Contravariant functors on finite sets and Stirling numbers"
  * Pedicchio & Rosicky: "Comparing coequalizer and exact completions"
  * Power: "Enriched Lawvere theories"
  * Raphael: "Some Regular Epimorphic Contexts"
  * Schneck: "Natural deduction and coherence for non-symmetric linearly
     distributive categories"

>From the Introduction:
As friends, colleagues, and students of Jim's for many years, we are
pleased to be able to present to him this collection of papers, whose
span covers much (unfortunately not all) of the territory Jim's own work
has influenced so profoundly. We join the authors of these papers in
wishing him well, and hoping to derive further inspiration from his
research for many years to come.
The Editors: M. Barr, P.J. Scott, R.A.G. Seely