Subject: categories: Octoberfest - Categories in Montreal (2nd notice)

From: "R.A.G. Seely" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:35:59 -0400 (EDT)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                       Category Theory OctoberFest

                       McGill University, Montreal
                 Saturday - Sunday, October 16 - 17, 1999

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the second notice for the Category Theory weekend meeting in
Montreal October 16 - 17 (next weekend).  At this time, we would like
some firm estimate of numbers, so we can plan the Saturday evening party
- if you have not already sent me a message to indicate your
participation, please let me know, preferably before Tuesday October
12th, if you are planning to attend. (Email [email-masked])

We have a provisional list of talks, (appended below) and a provisional
schedule will appear soon on the Octoberfest99 web page:

       www.math.mcgill.ca/triples/octoberfest99.html

Hotel and weather information, as well as a local map, may also be found
on that web page.

There will be a registration charge of $CAN 40 ($CAN 20 for students)
($US 30, 15 respectively).  Canadian cash will be most convenient!
Registration will take place during the pauses before and between
lectures, Saturday morning. All mathematical activities will take place
in the Bronfman Building, 1001 Sherbrooke West.  We start with coffee
and registration at 8:30 am Saturday, with the first talk at 9:00 am.

For further information, try the web page above, or email me
([email-masked]).

See you Saturday, Oct 16th.

==================================

Provisional list of speakers
----------------------------

*Marta Bunge         On a question of Johnstone about cartesian monads
*Carsten Butz        The filter construction and saturated models of
                       Heyting arithmetic.
*Robin Cockett       Full completeness in commutative monoid enriched
                       categories
*Sjoerd Crans        Teisi in _Ab_
*Jack Duskin         On the equivalence of bigroupoids and 2-dimensional
                       hypergroupoids
*Esfandiar Haghverdi Geometry of Proofs and Full Completeness
*Hongde Hu           Total graphs coloring
*Yoshiki Kinoshita   Lax logical relations for computational lambda calculus
*Jim Lambek          Polycategories revisited
*Mihaly Makkai       The multitopic omega-category of all multitopic
                       omega-categories
*Paddy McCrudden     Opmonoidal monads
*Susan Niefield      TBA
*Jim Otto            Resolution rewritings as cospans of cospans 
*Dusko Pavlovic      Minimal (Dedekind-MacChu) bicompletion of a category
*Bob Rosebrugh       (Sunday "demo") A graphical database for category theory
*Luigi Santocanale   Free $\mu$-lattices
*Josef Slapal        Convergence structures for categories 
*Noson Yanofsky      The Syntax of Coherence 

=================================
R.A.G. Seely
<[email-masked]>
Category Group Home Page:
<http://www.math.mcgill.ca/triples>