Subject: categories: CFP: PDPTA-99 Codesign Session

From: [email-masked] (Pao-Ann Hsiung)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:37:05 +0800 (CST)

===========================================
              S E C O N D   C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S
              ===========================================

                            SPECIAL SESSION 
     ________________________________________________________________

     "HARDWARE-SOFTWARE CODESIGN OF PARALLEL AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS"
     ________________________________________________________________

         "http://www.iis.sinica.edu.tw/~eric/pdpta99-codesign/"

      The 1999 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed
                Processing Techniques and Applications
                               (PDPTA'99)

                          June 28 - July 1, 1999
                  Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

A special session on the HARDWARE-SOFTWARE CODESIGN of parallel and 
distributed systems is being organized at PDPTA'99, which will be
held in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A., June 28 - July 1, 1999.

Architectures supporting parallel and distributed computing include 
both hardware and software. The success of such architectures depends 
significantly on how the hardware and software interact. This in turn 
requires careful codesign approaches which include co-partitioning, 
scheduling, co-synthesis, co-simulation, and co-verification. Due to
their complex behavior and structural restrictions, parallel and 
distributed systems present a greater challenge to codesign 
methodologies than conventional systems.  Object-oriented modeling/design, 
formal specification/verification methods, graph-theoretic analysis,
virtual prototyping, functional/structural partitioning are some 
promising techniques which can be employed for hardware-software codesign. 
Parallel and distributed processing is the computing trend and 
hardware-software codesign is the technique for supporting this trend.

SESSION SCOPE: 
  All hardware-software codesign related topics that deal with parallel
and distributed systems are invited. Topics of interest include, 
but are not limited to, the following:

   *  Specification/Modeling         *  Object-Oriented Technology
   *  Co-design Methodologies/Tools  *  Parallel/Distributed Techniques
   *  Co-partitioning                *  Virtual Prototyping 
   *  Related Software Synthesis     *  Rapid Prototyping
   *  Related Hardware Synthesis     *  High-Assurance Systems
   *  Co-simulation and Validation   *  IP / Virtual Components
   *  Co-verification and Testing    *  Embedded/Real-Time Systems

SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:

      To submit a paper to the special session, please do the following:

      (1) Prepare a manuscript in PDF/PostScript/Microsoft Word-7.0 format 
          of maximum 7 pages: single-spaced, single-column, 
          US-Letter/A4 size, with title, authors, affiliations, 
          e-mail addresses, and a 100-word abstract on the first page. 

      (2) Send an ascii-text e-mail with the paper title and the
          corresponding author's name, mailing address, e-mail address, 
          and telephone/fax numbers.

      (3) E-mail the above two to: "[email-masked]".
          If electronic submission is not possible, please mail the above
          to the following address:
                        Dr. Hsiung, Pao-Ann (Mailbox A-38)
                        Institute of Information Science
                        Academia Sinica
                        No. 128, Sec. 2, Academic Road
                        Nankang, Taipei 115, TAIWAN, R.O.C.

      (4) Important Dates:
               Submission Deadline:        March 1, 1999
                Paper Notification:        April 1, 1999
               Camera-Ready papers:          May 1, 1999
                  Pre-Registration:          May 1, 1999
               PDPTA'99 Conference: June 28-July 1, 1999

      (5) A minimum of 6 and a maximum of 24 papers will be accepted 
          for the special session.  All submissions will be reviewed 
          by at least 2 referees.  Papers must not have been previously 
          published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere. 
          Pre-registration at the conference is a must for all accepted 
          papers to be published in the proceedings. All accepted papers 
          must be presented at PDPTA'99, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.

PUBLICATION:

      The conference proceedings will be published by CSREA Press
      (ISBN).  It will be a multivolume set.  The proceedings will
      be available at the conference.  All accepted papers will also
      be considered for journal publication (soon after the conference).

ORGANIZERS/SPONSORS:

      A number of university faculty members and their staff
      in cooperation with the Monte Carlo Resort (Conference Division,
      Las Vegas ), will be organizing the conference.  The conference
      is sponsored by the Computer Science Research, Education, and
      Applications Press (CSREA: USA Federal EIN # 58-2171953) in
      cooperation with the National Supercomputing Center for Energy and
      the Environment (Department of Energy, USA), The International
      Association for Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (IMACS),
      The International Technology Institute (ITI), The Java High
      Performance Computing research group (JHPC; www.jhpc.org),
      the Computer Vision Research and Applications Tech. (CVRA),
      developers of high-performance machines and systems (pending)
      and other related computer associations (pending.)

LOCATION OF CONFERENCE:

      The conference will be held in the Monte Carlo Resort
      hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.  This is a mega hotel
      with excellent conference facilities and over 3000 rooms.
      The hotel is minutes from the Las Vegas airport with free
      shuttles to and from the airport.  This hotel has many
      vacation and recreational attractions, including:
      waterfalls, casino, spa, pools & kiddie pools, sunning decks,
      Easy River water ride, wave pool with cascades, lighted
      tennis courts, health spa (with workout equipment, whirlpool,
      sauna, ...), arcade virtual reality game rooms, nightly
      shows, snack bars, a number of restaurants, shopping
      area, bars, ...  Many of these attractions are open 24
      hours a day and most are suitable for families and children.
      The negotiated hotel's room rate for conference attendees
      is very reasonable ($79 + tax) per night (no extra charge
      for double occupancy) for the duration of the conference.

      The hotel is within walking distance from most other
      Las Vegas attractions (major shopping areas, recreational
      destinations, fine dining and night clubs, free street
      shows, ...).
      For the benefit of our international colleagues: the state of
      Nevada neighbors with the states of California, Oregon, Idaho,
      Utah, and Arizona.  Las Vegas is only a few driving hours away
      from other major cities, including: Los Angeles, San Diego,
      Phoenix, Grand Canyon, ...

EXHIBITION:

      An exhibition is planned for the duration of the conference.
      We have reserved 20+ exhibit spaces.  Interested parties
      should contact H. R. Arabnia (address is given below).
      All exhibitors will be considered to be the co-sponsors
      of the conference.  Each exhibitor will have the opportunity
      to include a two-page description of their latest products
      in the conference proceedings (if submitted by May 1, 1999).

MEMBERS OF PROGRAM & ORGANIZING COMMITTEES:

      The Program Committee is currently being formed.  Those interested
      in joining the Program Committee should email H. R. Arabnia
      ([email-masked]) the following information:
      Name, affiliation and position, complete mailing address,
      email address, tel/fax numbers, a short biography together with
      research interests.

SESSION CHAIR/ORGANIZER:

          Address: Dr. Pao-Ann Hsiung
                   Institute of Information Science
                   Academia Sinica
                   No. 128, Sec. 2, Academic Road
                   Nankang, Taipei 115, TAIWAN, R.O.C.
           E-mail: [email-masked]
           Tel.  : +886-2-27883799
           Fax   : +886-2-27824814
           URL   : http://www.iis.sinica.edu.tw/~eric/pdpta99-codesign/

CONFERENCE CONTACT:

          Hamid R. Arabnia
          The University of Georgia
          Department of Computer Science
          415 Graduate Studies Research Center
          Athens, Georgia 30602-7404, U.S.A.

          Tel: (706) 542-3480
          Fax: (706) 542-2966
          E-mail: [email-masked]
	  URL: http://www.jhpc.org/pdpta/