Subject: categories: Conference Announcement BCTCS 15

From: "John G. Stell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:46:24 +0000

___________________________________________________________________________

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS AND PARTICIPATION

    15th British Colloquium for Theoretical Computer Science (BCTCS 15)

    14th - 16th April 1999 at Keele University

    Supported by EPSRC and the London Mathematical Society

___________________________________________________________________________

INVITED SPEAKERS:    Wan Fokkink  (Swansea)
                     Martin Hofmann (Edinburgh)
                     Bill McColl (Oxford)
                     Ian Pratt (Manchester)
                     David Pym (QMW, London)
                     Glynn Winskel (Aarhus)
                     Mike Worboys (Keele)
___________________________________________________________________________

CONTRIBUTED TALKS

Contributions are sought on any aspect of theoretical computer science.
Research areas within the scope of BCTCS include, but are not limited to,
the following list:

     Concurrency, types, semantics, formal methods, computational complexity,
     algorithms, discrete mathematics, proof theory and logic, 
     artificial intelligence, database theory, theorem proving,
     symbolic computation and experimental work.

This year for the first time, authors  will have the option to submit
papers based on their talks to a special issue of the
Journal of Universal Computer Science. However, the meeting will retain
its informal character, and it will still be possible for researchers to 
give a presentation at the meeting but not have their paper considered for
publication. Submission of papers for publication will take place at some
stage after the meeting.

Besides talks from established researchers, BCTCS meetings provide a forum
for  young researchers who may wish to give a presentation but who may feel
that the body of their work is not yet substantial enough for publication.
___________________________________________________________________________

SUPPORT FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS

A limited number of fully funded places are available to postgraduate students
who are supported by EPSRC. For other students there is a SPECIAL REDUCED RATE
for the meeting, and some additional financial support may be available in
special cases.
___________________________________________________________________________

FURTHER DETAILS

Further details, including registration forms, prices, and forms for submission
of contributed talks, are available from the BCTCS15 web page:

    http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/cs/Announcements/bctcs/
    
The web page also has links to previous BCTCS meetings, which provide a useful
guide to the wide range of topics which have been covered by past contributions.
    
BCTCS15 is organized by John Stell, who can be contacted
by email:  [email-masked] 
or at: Department of Computer Science,
       Keele University, Keele, Staffs, U. K., ST5 5BG.
___________________________________________________________________________