Subject: strictification

From: James Stasheff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 06:28:46 -0500 (EST)

Is there a strictification result for A_infty-cats?
If so, under what hypotheses? and by whome? where?

.oooO   Jim Stasheff		[email-masked]
(UNC)   Math-UNC		(919)-962-9607
 \ (    Chapel Hill NC		FAX:(919)-962-2568
  \*)   27599-3250

        http://www.math.unc.edu/Faculty/jds

---

From: Michael Batanin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 09:56:57 +1100

>  \ (    Chapel Hill NC          FAX:(919)-962-2568

Yes. Im my paper
"Homotopy coherent category theory and A_{\infty}-structures in monoidal
categories" JPAA, 123 (1988), 67-103, theorems 2.3, 2.4 and corollary
2.3.1.. 

In this paper I define A_{\infty}-categories as algebras in the category
of K-graphs over A_{\infty}-K-operads, where K is a simplicial monoidal
category with Quillen model structure such that tensor commutes 
with simplicial realization functor. I show that every locally fibrant
A_{\infty}-category (i.e. Hom(a,b) is fibrant object in K for every a
and b) is equivalent in some homotopy coherent sense to a honest
K-category.

Michael Batanin.