Subject: categories: 6th WoLLIC'99 - 3rd Call

From: Ruy de Queiroz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:18:25 -0300 (EST)

Call for Contributions

        6th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation
       	                      (WoLLIC'99)
                            May 25-28, 1999

 !  TUTORIALS   >>     (Tutorial Day: May 25th)       <<   TUTORIALS !

                Itatiaia National Park (Rio de Janeiro), Brazil

The "6th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation" (WoLLIC'99),
the sixth version of a series of workshops which started in 1994 with the aim
of fostering interdisciplinary research in pure and applied logic, will be held
in Itatiaia (Rio de Janeiro), Brazil, from May 25th to 28th 1999, in
conjunction with the "XII Encontro Brasileiro de Logica" (EBL'99).
Contributions are invited in the form of short papers (10 A4 10pt pages) in
all areas related to logic, language, information and computation, including:
pure logical systems, proof theory, model theory, algebraic logic, type theory,
category theory, constructive mathematics, lambda and combinatorial calculi,
program logic and program semantics, logics and models of concurrency,
logic and complexity theory, nonclassical logics, nonmonotonic logic,
logic and language, discourse representation, logic and artificial
intelligence, automated deduction, foundations of logic programming,
logic and computation, and logic engineering.

The 6th WoLLIC'99 has the scientific sponsorship of the Association
for Symbolic Logic (ASL), the Interest Group in Pure and Applied Logics
(IGPL), the European Association for Logic, Language and Information (FoLLI),
the Sociedade Brasileira de Computacao (SBC), and the Sociedade Brasileira
de Logica (SBL).

There will be a number of guest speakers, including:
Samson Abramsky (Edinburgh Univ, Scotland)
John Baldwin (Univ Illinois at Chicago, USA)
Craig Boutilier (Univ British Columbia, Canada)
Daniel Leivant (Indiana Univ, USA)
Francisco Miraglia (Univ Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Alan Woods (Univ Western Australia, Australia)

Submission:
Papers (sent preferably in postscript format by e-mail to [email-masked],
or in 5(five) copies to postal address) must be RECEIVED by MARCH 8th, 1999 by
the Co-Chair of the Organising Committee. Papers must be ANONYMOUS (a separate
identification page must be included), written in English and give enough
detail to allow the programme committee to assess the merits of the work.
Papers should start with a brief statement of the issues, a summary of the
main results, and a statement of their significance and relevance to the
workshop. References and comparisons with related work is also expected.
Technical development directed to the specialist should follow.
Results must be unpublished and not submitted for publication elsewhere,
including the proceedings of other symposia or workshops. One author of each
accepted paper will be expected to attend the conference in order to present
it. Authors will be notified of acceptance by APRIL 9th, 1999, and final
versions will have be delivered (in LaTeX format) by APRIL 23RD, 1999.
The abstracts of the papers will be published in a "Conference Report" section
of the Logic Journal of the IGPL (ISSN 1367-0751) (Oxford Univ Press) as part
of the meeting report.  Papers presented at the meeting will be invited for
submission (in full version) to the Logic Journal of the IGPL
(http://www.oup.co.uk/igpl/).

Important Dates:
Submission: March 8th, 1999
Notification of acceptance/rejection: April 9th, 1999
Delivery of final (in LaTeX): April 23rd, 1999

Programme Committee:
Gianluigi Bellin (Univ Verona, IT)
Walter Carnielli (Univ Campinas, BR)
Abbas Edalat (Imperial College, UK)
Rob van Glabbeek (Stanford Univ, US)
Jeroen Groenendijk (Amsterdam Univ, NL)
Roman Kossak (City Univ New York, US)
Daniel Lehmann (Hebrew Univ Jerusalem, IL)
Dusko Pavlovic (Kestrel Institute, US)
Moshe Vardi (Rice Univ, US)

Organising Committee:
M. Benevides (COPPE/UFRJ), W. Carnielli (UNICAMP), M. Finger (USP),
E. Hermann Haeusler (PUC-Rio), A. T. C. Martins (UFC),
A. G. de Oliveira (UFPE/UFBA), L. C. Pereira (PUC-Rio), R. de Queiroz (UFPE) 

For further information, contact the Co-Chairs of the Organising Committee:
Ruy de Queiroz, Departamento de Informatica, Univ. Federal de Pernambuco,
CP 7851, 50732-970 Recife, PE, Brazil. E-mail: [email-masked],
tel.: (+55 81) 271-8430, fax: (+55 81) 271-8438.
Walter Carnielli, Centro de Logica, Epistemologia e Historia da Ciencia,
Univ. Estadual de Campinas, CP 6133, 13081-970 Campinas, SP, Brazil.
E-mail: [email-masked], tel./fax: (+55 19) 289-3269.

Web page: http://www.di.ufpe.br/~wollic/wollic99/