Subject: categories: May 3-7, 1999: Summer School in Semantics of Computation

From: Uffe Henrik Engberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:48:03 +0100 (MET)

SUMMER SCHOOL IN  SEMANTICS OF COMPUTATION

- organized by computer science research centres

BRICS (Denmark)     TUCS (Finland)      IPA (Holland)

- as part of  the EEF series of  summer schools, supported by  the European
Union.

Place: BRICS, Aarhus University, Denmark.

Time: May 3-7, 1999, with an informal get-together in the evening of May 2. 

Who Should Attend?

The course  is open to anyone interested.  Prerequisites  are an elementary
knowledge  of mathematics and  computer science. A  primary target group is
PhD and other students.

Grants:  Grants for students  to attend the  school, covering accommodation
and local   costs,  can be  applied  for   (see  below).  As  part  of  the
application a recommendation letter is required from supervisor.

Lecturers and Topics:

Achim Jung (Birmingham):      	  Domain Theory
    
Luke Ong  (Oxford):           	  Correspondence  between  Operational  and
                              	  Denotational Semantics
    
Bob Tennent (Queens, Canada): 	  Denotational Semantics
    
Jaap van Oosten (Utrecht):    	  Category Theory in Semantics
    
Andrzej Filinski (Aarhus):    	  Semantics of Types (tentative) 

Each lecturer is to teach for 5-6 hours---a proportion of this time will be
spent supervising students through exercises.

How to Register

Visit the web-site of the school:

		www.brics.dk/Activities/99/SemanticsSchool/

The    registration  fee is   1100   Danish  kroner.  This covers  lunches,
refreshments, social events and the banquet. A limited number of grants are
available  for students, covering registration  and  living expenses during
the school, leaving only travel expenses to be paid.

Applying for such a grant is also done by visiting the web site.

To get more information, visit the Web-site of the school:

		www.brics.dk/Activities/99/SemanticsSchool/