Subject: categories: Lectureships in Computer Science

From: "Roy L. Crole" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:20:59 +0000 (GMT)

LEICESTER UNIVERSITY

DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE

LECTURESHIPS (GRADE A/B) IN COMPUTER SCIENCE (2 POSTS)

Applications are invited for 2 permanent Lectureships in Computer Science
in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of
Leicester.  There is no restriction regarding the area of research and
applicants with expertise in any area of Computer Science are welcomed.
Both lectureships are tenable from 1 April 1999 or as soon as possible
thereafter.

The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is divided into three
groups: Computer Science, Pure Mathematics and Applicable Mathematics.  The
lectureships are intended to strengthen the Computer Science Group with
regard to both teaching and research.  The Computer Science Group is firmly
research oriented and current activities are concentrated within three
research areas: Logic, Algebra and Complexity; Theory of Distributed
Systems; and Semantics.

The successful applicants will be ambitious, able to develop their own
research within a multi-faceted environment, and have a strong research
record and potential.  The new lecturers will be required to teach at
undergraduate and postgraduate level, and to perform administrative duties
as directed by the Head of Department.  This is a superb opportunity for
persons of energy, drive and ambition to assume rewarding roles and to
establish themselves in a young, dynamic and rapidly developing department.
Initial salary, dependent upon qualifications and experience, will be on
the Lecturer Grade A or B scale UK pounds 16,655 to UK pounds 29,048 p.a.

Candidates who are interested in the lectureships are invited, if they so
wish, to contact Professor Iain Stewart, Head of Computer Science and Head
of Department (telephone (+44) 116 252 3885, e-mail
[email-masked]) or Professor Rick Thomas, Deputy Head of
Department (telephone (+44) 116 252 3411, email [email-masked]), who
will be pleased to discuss the Lectureships further.  Information about all
aspects of the Department is available from its World Wide Web pages
[http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk].

Further particulars (which are also available on the World Wide Web) and
application forms are available from the Personnel Office (Academic
Appointments), University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH,
telephone (+44) 116 252 2758.

The closing date for applications is 19 February 1999.