Subject: categories: Call for Participation: FM-TRENDS 98

From: Dieter Hutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:43:50 +0200

INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON CURRENT TRENDS IN APPLIED FORMAL METHODS

           Boppard, Germany, 7-9 October, 1998

            http://www.dfki.de/vse/fm-trends

This workshop focuses on key technologies that broaden the application
of formal methods in an industrial setting. Rather than addressing special 
topics in an isolated way it is intended to embrace the various aspects of 
this emerging new technology comprehensively with respect to its industrial
applications.

The workshop is split into an ``academic'' part (2 days)
and an application part (1 day). For the academic part we obtained more
than 30 submissions from which we selected 15 papers for presentation.
Egon Boerger, Manfred Broy, and Ed Clarke will be the invited speakers 
for the various sessions. The application day is dedicated 
solely to current and future applications of formal methods. Technical
sections will cover the main application areas, like hardware verification, 
embedding systems, and security.

To registrate to the workshop or to get detailed information please contact 
our web-page:

       http://www.dfki.de/vse/fm-trends

ORGANIZERS:
-----------

 M. Ullmann, F. Koob, H.P. Wagner  (BSI, Bonn, Germany), 
 J.H. Siekmann, D. Hutter, W. Stephan (DFKI GmbH, Saarbruecken, Germany),
 M. Wilikens (European Commission, JRC, Ispra, Italy), 
 F. Giunchiglia, P. Traverso (IRST, Trento, Italy)

ADVISORY BOARD:
---------------

 E. Astesiano, (U Genova, I), K.R. Apt (CWI, NL), J. Bergstra (U Amsterdam, 
NL),
 V. Berzins (Naval Post. School, USA), D. Bjorner (U Denmark, DK),
 R. Bloomfield (Adelard, UK), J. Bowen (U Reading, UK), B. Boyer (U Texas, 
USA),
 M. Broy (TU Munich, D), A. Bundy (U Edinburgh, UK), E. Clarke (CMU, USA),
 W. Damm (U Oldenburg, D), J.W. de Bakker (CWI, NL), W.P. de Roever (U Kiel. 
D),
 H.D. Ehrich (U Braunschweig, D), E.A. Emerson (U Texas, USA), H. Ganzinger 
(MPII, D),
 M.C. Gaudel (LRI-CNRS, F), J. Goguen (U California, USA), D. Gries (Cornell 
U, USA),
 Y. Gurevich (U Michigan, USA), D. Harel (Weizmann Inst., Is),
 T. Henzinger (Berkeley U, USA), M. Hinchey (NJ Inst. of Technology, USA), 
 C.A.R. Hoare (Oxford U UK), D. Howe (Bell Labs, USA), N. Jones (U Copenhagen, 
DK),
 D. Kapur (NY State U, USA), H. Kirchner (INRIA, F), H. Langmaack (U Kiel, D), 
 T. Maibaum (Imperial College, UK), U. Martin (U St. Andrews, UK), J S. Moore 
(U Texas, USA),
 U. Montanari, (U Pisa, I), T. Nipkow (TU Munich, D), D. Parnas (McMaster U, 
CAN)
 L. Paulson (Cambridge U, UK), A. P. Ravn (TU Denmark, DK), A. W. Roscoe 
(Oxford U, UK),
 J. Sifakis (CNRS, F).