Subject: categories: Looking for a post-doc

From: Michael Barr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:28:57 -0400 (EDT)

Postdoc at McGill

           Centre de Recherche en Theorie des Categories
                 -- Montreal --
            Category Theory Research Center

 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Category Theory

The Categories Team at McGill and at the University of Ottawa has had an
unexpected resignation and invites applications for Postdoctoral
Fellowship.  The salary is CA$30,000, and it might possbily be
supplemented by a part-time teaching post at McGill.  It is a one year
limited term appointment, with a possible second year.  There is in
principle, no nationality restriction, but the successful candidate will
have to go through Canadian and Quebec immigration procedures.  In the
case of a non-North-American resident, this will entail difficulties
that would probably delay taking up the fellowship till the beginning of
next (calendar) year.

Interested candidates should apply, with a CV and a statement of plans,
as soon as possible and should ask for letters from three referees.
Candidates interested in teaching should also provide evidence of
teaching experience as well as English proficiency if that is not their
native language.  Owing to the lateness, electronic applications and
references are much preferred, but if an application comes in by paper
in the next couple of weeks it will be accepted.

The members of the Categories Team are:  M. Barr (McGill), R. Blute
(Ottawa), M. Bunge (McGill), T. Fox (Vanier Col.), J. Lambek
(McGill), M. Makkai (McGill), A. Sangalli (Champlain Col.), P. Scott
(Ottawa), R. Seely (John Abbott Col.).

Michael Barr
[email-masked]

Department of Mathematics and Statistics
McGill University
805 Sherbrooke St. W
Montreal, QC
Canada H3A 2K6