Subject: categories: RA-position in Birmingham

From: Eike Ritter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 14:59:09 +0100

The University of Birmingham
		      School of Computer Science

	POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW IN FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING

Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work
for 16 months on an EPSRC-funded project "XSLAM: The eXplicit
Substitutions Linear Abstract Machine". The investigators of this
project are Dr Eike Ritter and Dr Valeria de Paiva. Applicants should
have a PhD in Computer Science or Mathematics and ideally have
knowledge of one or more of the following areas: functional
programming, type theory, logic, and category theory.

Application forms (returnable by 30 July 1998) and further particulars 
available from:

  The Director of Staffing Services 
  The University of Birmingham 
  Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
  tel:   +44 (0)121 414 6486 (24 hours) 
  email: [email-masked]  

Please quote reference S13958/98  Informal enquiries to:

  Dr Eike Ritter
  tel:   +44 (0)121 414 4772
  email: [email-masked]

See also: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/school/jobvacancies.html

Working towards equal opportunities.