Subject: categories: Lectureships at Queen Mary and Westfield

From: Edmund Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:32:50 +0100 (BST)

Please accept my apologies if (more accurately when) you receive multiple 
copies of this message. 

Since it is summer, please also consider informal discussions with  
me as acting Head of Department ([email-masked]). 

best wishes
Edmund Robinson
-------------------------------------------------------

Queen Mary and Westfield College, London, UK
Lecturer(s) in Computer Science

Following recent successful appointments the Department of Computer Science
is seeking further Lecturers.

The Department is consolidating its research strength and seeking to appoint
strong researchers in the areas of Distributed Systems, Human Computer
Interaction, Computer Vision or Programming Languages and Theoretical
Computer Science. Applicants with research interests in mobile computing,
multimedia and CSCW are encouraged. At least one of the posts will be
targeted at the areas of Distributed Systems or Human Computer Interaction.
Candidates should be able to teach a range of undergraduate and postgraduate
Computer Science courses.

Salary according to experience range from Lecturer A/B UKP 18,500 to 
UKP 30,679 p.a. inclusive, rising to UKP 18,789 - UKP 31,182 (UK pounds) 
from 1 October 98.

Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Heather Liddell (Head of
Department) on 0171 975 5167 - email: [email-masked] or Professor
Peter Johnson on 0171 975 5224 - email: [email-masked].

Further details of the Department, its research activity, and the expected
role of the appointees are available on-line.

For a printed copy of these details and an application form please telephone
our 24 hour Recruitment Line on 0171 975 5171 or Email:
[email-masked] quoting Reference 98125LC. Completed application
forms should be returned by 18th August 1998 to the Personnel Office, Queen
Mary and Westfield College, London E1 4NS.