Subject: categories: Lectureship in Theoretical Computer Science

From: Matthew Hennessy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:31:10 +0100 (BST)

Apologies for multiple copies

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SCHOOL OF COGNITIVE AND COMPUTING SCIENCES

Lectureship in  Computer Science

Applications are invited for a lectureship in Theoretical Computer
Science within the Subject Group of Computer Science and Artificial
Intelligence.  The expected start date is October 1998 or as soon
thereafter as possible.

Candidates should be able to show evidence of significant research
achievement in any aspect of the Foundations of Computation.  They
should also be willing to teach in areas other than their research
speciality.

The appointment is planned on the Lecturer Grade A scale 16,655-21,815
per annum (under review).  For exceptional candidates, an appointment
on the Lecturer Grade B scale, 22,726-29,048 per annum (under review),
may be considered.

The posts can be discussed informally with Prof. Matthew Hennessy on
(01273) 678101, email: [email-masked].  Details of the
School are available at http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk.

Application forms and further particulars are available from and
should be returned to Sarah Marshall, Staffing Services, University of
Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 9RH, UK. Tel: (01273)
606755, ext 8202.  Email: [email-masked].  Closing date: 24
July 1998.

--------------------------------------------------------------------