Subject: categories: preprint available

From: "JONATHON FUNK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 17:39:14 EET +0200 DST

Dear Colleagues,

A preprint, whose abstract follows, is available in compressed .dvi 
form (for DOS and for UNIX) from:

   http://www.emu.edu.tr/academic/facartsc/mathsdep/staffpic/jfunk.htm
   
or if you are browsing the web, click on academics, teaching 
staff, Mathematics, Jonathon Funk, additional information,
after you have reached the EMU homepage http://www.emu.edu.tr

If you would like a copy, but are unable to retrieve the preprint, 
please don't hestitate to contact me, as I would be happy to send 
you the .dvi file personally. 
[email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------

``On branched covers in topos theory''

Abstract: We present some new findings conerning branched covers in 
topos theory. Our discussion involves a particular subtopos of a 
given topos that can be described as the smallest subtopos closed 
under small coproducts in the including topos.  We also have some new 
results concerning the general theory of KZ-doctrines, such as the 
the closure under composition of discrete fibrations for a KZ-
doctrine (in the sense of Bunge/Funk, ``On a bicomma object condition 
for KZ-doctrines'').

Regards,
Jonathon Funk

Jonathon Funk
Department of Mathematics
Eastern Mediterranean University
Gazimagusa
Turkish Republic of North Cyprus
via Mersin 10, Turkey

tel: (90) 392 366 6588, Ext: 1227, 1228, 1138
fax: (90) 392 366 1604