Subject: categories: new preprint

From: "I. Moerdijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:23:12 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear categorists,

The following preprint is available from the 
K-Theory archive at <http://www.math.uiuc.edu/K-theory>, 
and hopefully from our homepages before long. Please 
let us know in case you wish to be sent a hard copy.

Ieke Moerdijk.
---------------------
A Homology Theory for Etale Groupoids
       by Marius Crainic and Ieke Moerdijk

In this paper we introduce a homology theory for etale groupoids, dual to
Haefliger's cohomology theory (via Poincare duality).  We prove basic facts
like Morita invariance, Leray spectral sequence, Verdier duality. We also
outline the application to the computation of cyclic homology of the
convolution algebra of the groupoid (including the non-Hausdorff situation).
An appendix about "compact supports" on non-Hausdorff manifolds is added.

Marius Crainic <[email-masked]>
Ieke Moerdijk <[email-masked]>
--------------------