Subject: categories: Pure Mathematics Lectureships

From: "Roy L. Crole" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 10:43:19 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

I would be grateful if you could publicize the following jobs.

[Category Theory is represented here in Computer Science, and is also
used by the Pure Mathematicians, in a combined Maths and Comp Sci
department.]

Thanks,

Roy Crole.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER, UK

DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE

Lectureships (Grade A/B) in Pure Mathematics (Two Posts)

Applications are invited for the above posts.  Applicants should have
a strong research record in any branch of Pure Mathematics.
Applications are particularly welcome from Mathematicians whose
research interests intersect with existing research strengths in the
Pure Mathematics group.  These are: Group Representation Theory,
Algebraic Topology, Representations of Algebras and Ring
Theory. Tenable from 1 September 1998.

Further particulars and application forms are available, by quoting
reference A5185, from the Personnel Office (Academic Appointments),
University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, telephone
+44 (0)116 252 2439.  Closing date: 15 May 1998.

Please also see http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk for the further particulars.