Subject: categories: AWOCA'98

From: "Costas S. Iliopoulos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 08:22:46 +0000

CALL FOR PAPERS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

          Ninth Australasian Workshop on Combinatorial Algorithms
                                 (AWOCA'98)

                             July 27-30, 1998
                    Perth, Western Australia, Australia

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ninth Australasian Workshop on Combinatorial Algorithms (AWOCA'98)
will be held at the School of Computing of Curtin University of
Technology in Perth, Western Australia, Australia on July 27-30, 1998.
The workshop will follow the style of its predecessors: problem-oriented
papers, and an emphasis on informal discussion. To facilitate free
interchange of ideas, the number of participants is limited. If you wish
to attend, you should fill out the attached registration form and return
it together with your payment to:

     AWOCA98
     School of Computing
     Curtin University of Technology
     GPO Box 1987 U
     Perth, WA, Australia
     Phone: +61.9.9266 7647
     Fax: +61.9.9266 7680
     Email: [email-masked]

Papers

Papers presenting completed research are not encouraged. Papers which
state and discuss open problems and work-in-progress within the general
theme of Combinatorial Algorithms are appropriate. Please include
sufficient background, extensive references to related work, plus
precise statements of one or more open problems. Authors are invited to
submit papers presenting original and unpublished research on ALL
theoretical aspects of Computer Science. Typical areas include (but are
not limited to):

   * Automata, Languages and Computability,
   * Algorithms and Data Structures,
   * Algorithmic Graph Theory and Combinatorics,
   * Cryptography,
   * Complexity Theory,
   * Computational Algebra and Geometry,
   * Computational Biology,
   * Graph Algorithms and Network Optimisation,
   * Graph Drawing,
   * New Paradigms of Computation,
   * Parallel and Distributed Computation,
   * Probabilistic and Randomized Algorithms

You may submit a paper by e-mailing  a postscript file  to:

[email-masked]

Submitted papers will be refereed and the accepted ones will appear in
the Proceedings published by Curtin University. After further
refereeing, selected papers will appear in a special issue of
Theoretical Computer Science.

Deadlines

   * Electronic submission (postscript files): 29 May 1998.
   * Acceptance/rejection notification: 17 June 1998.
   * Final version: 8 July 1998.

Program Committee

Maxime Crochemore (University of Marne-la-Vallee)
Alan Gibbons (University of Liverpool)
Mike Houle (University of Newcastle)
Costas Iliopoulos (King's College London),   Chairman
Ute Mueller (Edith Cowan University)
Jamie Simpson (Curtin University)

Organizing Committee

Jamie Simpson ([email-masked]) Chairman
Costas Iliopoulos ([email-masked])
Bill Smyth ([email-masked])
Mohan Kumar ([email-masked])
Craig Farrell ([email-masked])

Web Page: http://www.cs.curtin.edu.au/awoca98.html

Invited Speakers
------------------
   
* Bill Smyth (McMaster University, Canada), 
"Computing Patterns in Strings".
   
* Rajeev Raman (King's College London, England), 
"Word-level  parallelism and stringology in music".
   
* Avierzi Fraenkel (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel), 
" Recent results and questions in combinatorial game complexities. "

Accommodation

The workshop will take place at Curtin University of Technology. Metro
Inn is the Official Conference Hotel. Intending participants should make
bookings by phoning on the given number. Any queries you might have
about the nature of the accommodation can also be addressed directly to
the Hotel. When you make a booking be sure to tell them that you are
associated with this workshop as the prices are discounted for workshop
participants.

Metro Inn, South Perth
61 Canning Highway
South Perth, WA, 6151
Australia

Tel: +61.9.9367 6122
Fax: 61.9.9367 3411
URL:
http://www.oztravel.com.au/travel_mall/hotels/Metro_Inn,_SoutSouth_P.htm
l

Prices (per person, per night) :
Standard: AU$68.00
Riverview: AU$87.50
Skyline Deluxe: AU$95.50

For tourist information on Perth and Western Australia see:
http://www.oztravel.com.au/travel_mall/destinations/Perth.html
http://www.discoverwest.com.au/mapall.html

Registration

All payments are to be made in AUSTRALIAN dollars using a check or money
order made payable to "Curtin University, School of Computing". The
registration fee covers 3 lunches, morning and afternoon tea, and a copy 
of
the proceedings.

                         Early (before June 15,   Late (after June 15,
                         1998)                    1998)
 Regular fee             AU$175                   AU$200
 Student fee             AU$100                   AU$125

Registration Form

          ------------------------Cut here------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             REGISTRATION FORM

          Ninth Australasian Workshop on Combinatorial Algorithms
                                 (AWOCA'98)

                              July 27-30, 1998
                    Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Mail the completed registration form together with your payment (payable 
to "Curtin University, School of Computing", in AUSTRALIAN dollars) to:

     AWOCA98
     School of Computing
     Curtin University of Technology
     GPO Box 1987 U
     Perth, WA, Australia

Name:
Affiliation:
Address:
Phone:
Fax:
Email:

Regular fee:         .......$
Student fee:         .......$
Late regular fee:   .......$
Late student fee:   .......$

Total amount enclosed:   .......$

Confirmation will be e-mailed upon receipt of registration fee.
  
------------------------------------------------------------------------