Subject: categories: Deadline reminder: CMS Category Theory Session

From: Bob Rosebrugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:39:20 -0300 (ADT)

CATEGORY THEORY SESSION

CANADIAN MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY

1998 SUMMER MEETING

Saint John, New Brunswick
June 13-15, 1998

This is to remind participants in the Category Theory Session of
approaching deadlines. HOTEL RESERVATIONS at the Saint John Hilton should
be made by APRIL 30. For the Howard Johnson Hotel or the UNBSJ residences
the deadline is May 15, but you are urged to reserve early as space in the
residence particularly is limited.

The CMS EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE (for reduced registration fees) 
for the meeting itself is May 15. 

Complete information on the CMS meeting is on the CMS Web site at

camel.math.ca/CMS/Events/summer98/

On-line registration is possible, and complete information on
accommodation and travel arrangements is available there.

There are a few slots available for speakers wishing to contribute a paper
to the session. Please contact the session organizer, R. J. Wood at
[email-masked]
as soon as possible if you wish to speak. 

Prior to the session at the CMS Meeting there will be a 

Summer School on Category Theory and Computer Science 

held at Mount Allison University from June 8-12. The instructors will be
Michael Barr of McGill University and Robert Walters of the University of
Sydney. Prof. Barr is coauthor of Category theory for Computer Science.
Prof. Walters is the author of Categories and Computer Science.
Participants in the Summer School will be transported to the CMS meeting
in Saint John on the evening of June 12. For information write to
[email-masked]