Subject: categories: Memorial article

From: Peter Freyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 07:46:20 -0500 (EST)

The AMS Notices will publish a memorial article for Sammy. These
projects are put together in a hurry and who gets asked to submit
remarks is something of a random process. In this case it's Hyman
Bass, Henri Cartan, Alex Heller, Saunders Mac Lane and I. Hy will
also provide a narrative vita.

Please send me material you'd like included. If I get too many
suggestions, I will, with your permission, not include any of them in
the Notices but will publish -- after the Notices -- memorial pages in
the JPAA.

---

From: James Stasheff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:23:50 -0500 (EST)

Hopefully one of the writers will include
Sammy's work
with John Moore cf. the EMSS

************************************************************
	Until August 10, 1998, I am on leave from UNC 
		and am at the University of Pennsylvania

	 Jim Stasheff		[email-masked]

	146 Woodland Dr
        Lansdale PA 19446       (215)822-6707	

	Jim Stasheff		[email-masked]
	Math-UNC		(919)-962-9607
	Chapel Hill NC		FAX:(919)-962-2568
	27599-3250