Subject: categories: CFP: Applied Category Theory - Belgium 1998

From: Nick Rossiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:30:51 +0000 (GMT)

I would be very grateful if this could be posted on the Categories
newgroup .. thanks ... Nick

Call For Papers: Applied Category Theory - Belgium 1998

The 15th International Congress on Cybernetics, to be held 
from August 24 to 28, 1998,at the Institute for Computer 
Sciences of the University of Namur, Belgium, is including
a symposium on applied category theory.  

The symposium seeks to bring together researchers with common
interests in formalization and analysis of information and other
complex systems with category theory. Areas of interest include
software engineering, knowledge and data bases, distributed networks,
artificial cognition, neural nets, fuzzy logic, consciousness and
quantum computation.

Authors wishing to submit a paper should send an abstract as soon as
possible to:

International Association for Cybernetics
Palais des Expositions, avenue Sergent Vrithoff, 2
B-5000 NAMUR, Belgique - Belgium
Tel. + 32-81-71.71.71 - Fax + 32-81-71.71.00
E. Mail address : [email-masked]

English and French are the official languages for this symposium.

The conference fee for authors (before 30th April)  is 11,000 Belgian
Francs. Students and participants from developing countries may apply
to the Secretariat of the International Association for Cybernetics
for special rates.

Any queries on the subject matter of the symposium should be addressed
to me.

Nick Rossiter, Computing Science,
Newcastle University, England NE1 7RU