Subject: categories: CONCUR98: final CFP (EXTENDED deadline)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:59:23 +0100 (MET)

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please note:
-- extended deadline 
-- (very likely) The auditorium of Nice
    Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art as venue 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                         Last Call for Papers
                               CONCUR'98
               9th International Conference on Concurrency Theory
                    Nice, France, September 8-11, 1998
                     <http://www.inria.fr/concur98/>

Important dates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Paper submissions:   March 18, 1998 (EXTENDED deadline)
   Notifications:       May 8, 1998
   Final versions:      June 10, 1998.

Venue and local arrangements
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice is ideally located on the French Riviera. September is still very
pleasant, while less crowded than the high season. Nice's
international airport is well-connected to all major european and
non-european cities.

Most likely the conference will be held at the auditorium of Nice
Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, which is conveniently located
in the heart of Nice, between the city center and the old town, and 20
minutes walk to the beach. The Museum is next to the Hotel Novotel,
where satellite workshops and registration will be held.

CONCUR 98: Purpose and Scope
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The purpose of the CONCUR conferences is to bring together
researchers, developers, and students in order to advance the theory
of concurrency, and promote its applications. Interest in this
topic is continuously growing, as a consequence of the importance
 of concurrent systems and their applications, and of the scientific
relevance of their foundations.

The scope of CONCUR'98 covers all areas of semantics, logics, and
verification techniques for concurrent systems.  A list of specific
topics includes (but is not limited to) concurrency related aspects of
models of computation and semantic domains, process algebras, Petri
nets, event structures, real-time systems, hybrid systems,
decidability, model-checking, verification techniques, refinement
techniques, term and graph rewriting, distributed programming, logic
constraint programming, object-oriented programming, typing systems
and algorithms, case studies, tools and environments for programming
and verification.

Submissions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Submissions should consist of a 100-200 word ASCII abstract and
summary (up to 15 pages, typeset 12 points; about 7000 words,
excluding bibliography and figures). Simultaneous submissions to other
conferences or journals are not allowed. Electronic submissions in
PostScript(tm) are strongly encouraged; instructions can be found at
the URL <http://www.inria.fr/concur98/submissions.html>, or can be
obtained by sending an email with subject "submission information" to
[email-masked]. If surface mail is used, then five (5)
copies of the paper should be sent to the following address:
Concur'98, INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, BP 93, F-06902 Sophia-Antipolis
Cedex, France.

Program Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M. Abadi (Digital,Systems Research Center)
A. Asperti (University of Bologna)
J. Bradfield (University of Edinburgh)
E. Clarke (Carnegie Mellon University)
R. de Simone (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, co-chair)
J. Esparza (Technische Universitat Munchen)                           
P. Gastin  (University of Paris 7)
R. van Glabbeek (Stanford University)
G. Gonthier (INRIA Rocquencourt)
M. Hennessy (Sussex University)
O. Maler (Verimag Grenoble)
F. Moller (Uppsala University)
U. Montanari (University of Pisa)
M. Mukund  (SMI Madras)
M. Nielsen (University of Aarhus)
P. Panangaden (Mc Gill University)
J. Parrow  (Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm)            
A. Rensink (University of Hildesheim)
D. Sangiorgi (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, co-chair)
C. Talcott (Stanford University)
J. Winkowski (Polish Academy of Sciences)

Invited Speakers and Tutorials:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(in square brackets, the topic of the talk)

Invited Speakers:
   T. Henzinger (University of California at Berkeley, USA)
           [Hybrid systems]; 
   U. Herzog (Erlangen, Germany)
           [Process algebra for performance evaluation];
   J. Rutten (CWI, Netherlands)
           [Coalgebraic models of computation];
   J.-B. Stefani (CNET, France Telecom)
           [Open distributed systems]; 
   M. Vardi (Rice University, USA) 
           [Branching and linear time temporal logics].
	   
Invited Tutorials : 
   G. Berry (CMA Ecole des Mines, France)
           [Synchronous reactive programming and Esterel]; 
   J.F. Groote (CWI, Netherlands)
           [Theorem provers in concurrency]; 
   B. Pierce (Indiana U., USA)
           [Types in concurrency]. 

Financial Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We wish to thank the following companies and organisations for
financial support: CNET France Telecom, Dassault Aviation, Simulog,
CMA-Ecole des Mines, INRIA.

Satellite events
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   COTIC'98:  2nd international workshop on Concurrent Constraint
       Programming for Time Critical Applications 
   EXPRESS'98:  5th international workshop on Expressiveness in
       Concurrency 
   HLCL'98:  3rd international workshop on High-Level Concurrent
       Languages 
   PAPM'98: 6th international workshop on Process  Algebra and
       Performance Modeling 
   CONFER W.G.:  4th workshop of the CONFER (Concurrency and
       Functions: Evaluation and Reduction) working group. 

Publications
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS
series. A special issue of Theoretical Computer Science is planned. 

Steering Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Steering Committee of CONCUR is composed of Jos Baeten (chair,
Eindhoven), Eike Best (Oldenburg), Kim Larsen (Aalborg), Ugo Montanari 
(Pisa), Scott Smolka (Stony Brook) and Pierre Wolper (Liege).

Organizing Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	      
The Organizing Committee of CONCUR 98 is composed of Amar Bouali,
Gerard Boudol, Ilaria Castellani, Robert de Simone, Catherine Juncker,
Francoise Martin-Trucas, Davide Sangiorgi, and Dany Sergeant.

==============================
For further information, check URL <http://www.inria.fr/concur98/>, 
or mail to [email-masked].