Subject: categories: CATEGORY THEORY SYMPOSIUM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:21:33 -0400 (AST)

ANNOUNCEMENT

CATEGORY THEORY SYMPOSIUM
A special session of the Canadian Mathematical Society Summer 1998 Meeting

June 13-15, 1998

University of New Brunswick (Saint John)
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

The symposium follows the usual format found at society meetings in 
North America. Thus it is part of a larger programme including plenary
talks, one of which will be given by S. Schanuel (SUNY Buffalo). The
larger programme also features a public lecture by F.W. Lawvere (SUNY
Buffalo).

The invited speakers for the Category Theory Symposium are M. Barr
(McGill), M. Bunge (McGill), P. Freyd (Pennsylvania), A.Joyal (UQAM),
F.W. Lawvere (SUNY Buffalo), M. Makkai (McGill), S. Niefield (Union),
R. Pare (Dalhousie), J.W. Pelletier (York), S. Schanuel (SUNY Buffalo),
M. Tierney (Rutgers), W. Tholen (York), and R.F.C. Walters (Sydney).

Registration for the meeting, including fees, is handled by the Canadian
Mathematical Society (CMS). A pre-registration form can be obtained by
writing to 
           [email-masked]
Electronic pre-registration is available on the CMS site at
           http://camel.math.ca/CMS/Events/summer98
At this site complete information about all necessities, such as
accommodation, is provided. 

However, category theorists who plan to attend are strongly urged to
also send e-mail to 
                    [email-masked] (sic)
where it will be readily available to
RJ Wood (Dalhousie), Category Theory Session Organizer
and
Robert Rosebrugh (Mount Allison), Meeting Director