Subject: categories: TOOLS EUROPE '99 - Call for Submissions

From: "Karen Ouellette" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:32:48 -0800

[apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement]

****************************************************************
                     CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

                       TOOLS EUROPE '99
     Technology of Object-Oriented Languages and Systems

                "OBJECTS, COMPONENTS, AGENTS"

                Nancy, France, June 7-10, 1999
          
                 http://www.tools.com/europe
****************************************************************

TOOLS - Technology of Object-Oriented Languages and Systems - is the major
series of international conferences and exhibition entirely devoted to the
applications of object-oriented technology. Its emphasis is on the practice
of object technology and its applications in industrial environments. TOOLS
provides a balanced coverage of the wealth of approaches, trends and
variants in the object-oriented community. For anyone interested in OT, the
TOOLS Conferences are the best places to learn from the experts and compare
experiences with other O-O practitioners.

CONFERENCE COMMITTEE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Program Chair: Richard Mitchell, University of Brighton, UK
Tutorials Chair: Alan Cameron Wills, TriReme International Ltd., UK
Workshops & Panels Chair: Jan Bosch, University of Karlskrona/Ronneby,
Sweden
Conference Chair: Jean-Pierre Finance, Henri Poincaré University, France
Organising Chair: Martine Gautier, Henri Poincaré University, France
Conference Series Chair: Bertrand Meyer, ISE, USA

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mehmet Aksit, University of Twente, Netherlands
François Bançilhon, Ardent Software, USA
Richard Bielak, CAL FP (US), Inc., USA
Gilad Bracha, Sun Microsystems, USA
Eduardo Casais, Nokia, Finland
Alistair Cockburn, Humans and Technology, USA
Dominique Colnet, LORIA - INRIA Lorraine, France
Bernard Coulange, Verilog, France
Paul Dubois, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
Jean-Marc Geib, University de Lille, France
Yossi Gil, Technion, Israel & IBM Research, USA
Petter Graff, InferData, USA
Ian Graham, Chase Manhattan Bank, UK
Brian Henderson-Sellers, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Laura Hill, Sun Microsystems, USA
René Jacquart, CERT, France
Jean-Marc Jézéquel, IRISA/CNRS, France
Rachid Guerraoui, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
Sven-Eric Lautemann, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Michel Lemoine, ONERA-CERT, France
Ian Maung, Platinum Technology, USA
Jim McKim, Rensselaer Polytechnic, USA
Mira Mezini, University of Siegen, Germany
Christine Mingins, Monash University, Australia
Frieder Monninger, Object Tools, Germany
Meilir Page-Jones, Wayland Systems, USA
Jean-Claude Royer, University of Nantes, France
Ted Velkoff, Lockheed Martin, USA
Kim Waldén, ENEA, Sweden
Tony Wasserman, Software Methods and Tools, USA
Wolf Zimmermann, University of Karlsruhe, Germany 

TECHNICAL PAPERS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TOOLS EUROPE '99 is now soliciting papers on all aspects of object-oriented
technology. All submitted papers will be refereed and judged by the
International Programme Committee, not only according to standards of
technical quality but also on their usefulness to practitioners and applied
researchers.

A non-exhaustive list of topics includes:
* Production, distribution and revenue collection of industrial-quality
reusable components
* Extending objects to include, for example, rules 
* Specification, modeling, and patterns 
* Architectures and frameworks 
* Working with a mixture of technologies and languages 
* Managing software assets 
* Empirical and field studies 
* Experience reports: TOOLS Europe '99 is particularly keen on receiving
experience reports describing lessons learned from the practical application
of objects, components, agents, frameworks, and architectures

Submitted papers should be around 12 pages, single or one-and-a-half spaced.
Send six copies of your paper to the Programme Chair, to arrive no later
than Friday, February 19, 1999. Each submission should be accompanied by a
plain-text Notice of Submission, due a couple of days before the paper. Send
this notice to <[email-masked]> (with subject line "TOOLS
Europe '99 Notice of Submission"), to arrive no later than Friday, February
12, 1999.

The proceedings of the 29th TOOLS Conference will be published by IEEE
Computer Society Press. Final camera-ready versions of accepted papers will
therefore be required to adhere to the IEEE publication format (guidelines
available soon), and will contain no more than 12 pages.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Notice of submission: February 12, 1999
Manuscript submission: February 19, 1999
Notification of acceptance: March 29, 1999
Final copy due at IEEE: April 16, 1999

PROPOSALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
Richard Mitchell
TOOLS EUROPE '99 Programme Chair
Faculty of IT
University of Brighton
Brighton BN2 4GJ
UK
Phone: +44 1273 642458
[email-masked]

TUTORIALS
~~~~~~~~~~

Proposals are sought for high quality tutorials. A tutorial should address a
single topic and have a clearly defined tar get audience. A tutorial will
usually involve a variety of activities for those attending. Each tutorial
is half a day in length. The presenter should have proven experience that
qualifies him or her to give the tutorial. Proposals for tutorials should
identify the topic, the audience and the relevant experience of the
presenter. Please note that you must prepare tutorial notes for the
participants.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Tutorial submission deadline: January 8, 1999
Notification of acceptance: March 29, 1999

PROPOSALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
Alan Cameron Wills
TOOLS EUROPE '99 Tutorials Chair
TriReme International Ltd., UK
[email-masked]

WORKSHOPS
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Workshops provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to meet and
discuss focused issues in an atmosphere that encourages interaction,
exchange, and problem solving. A workshop should have a well-defined theme,
and a clearly-defined target audience. All topics related to object-oriented
technology are potential candidates for workshops. In particular, workshop
proposals fall into three categories:
* Workshops focusing on a topic in depth. Examples include object-oriented
analysis and design methods, object-oriented languages, e.g. Eiffel, etc.
* Workshops crossing borders of sub-areas in computer science and/or
software engineering. Examples are management and teaching issues.
* Workshops addressing the industrial application of object-oriented
technology in particular areas, e.g. telecommunications, mobile computing or
real-time systems.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Workshop submission deadline: January 8, 1999
Notification of acceptance: March 29, 1999

PROPOSALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
Jan Bosch
TOOLS EUROPE '99 Workshops & Panels Chair
University of Karlskrona/Ronneby, Sweden
[email-masked]

PANELS
~~~~~~~~

The aim of panels is to stimulate discussion about ideas and issues of
importance to the object-oriented technology community. They should present
interesting and divergent views with solid practical and/or theoretical
backing. Panels last about sixty minutes and can be organised in many
formats. 

IMPORTANT DATES:
Panel submission deadline: January 8, 1999
Notification of acceptance: March 29, 1999

PROPOSALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
Jan Bosch
TOOLS EUROPE '99 Workshops & Panels Chair
University of Karlskrona/Ronneby, Sweden
[email-masked]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TOOLS EUROPE '99 IS ORGANISED IN COOPERATION WITH 
UNIVERSITÉ HENRI POINCARÉ, NANCY, FRANCE.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TOOLS USA '99,
VISIT OUR WEB SITE AT http://www.tools.com/europe
OR CONTACT US AT [email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~