Subject: categories: CONCUR'99 CFP

From: [email-masked] (Sjouke Mauw)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:52:30 +0100 (MET)

CALL FOR PAPERS

                               CONCUR'99
          10th International Conference on Concurrency Theory
            Eindhoven, The Netherlands, August 24--27, 1999.

                   URL http://www.win.tue.nl/concur99/
                         E-mail [email-masked]

(apologies for multiple copies)

A postscript version of this call for papers can be found on the above
mentioned website.

SCOPE
The purpose of the CONCUR conferences is to bring together researchers,
developers and students in order to advance the theory of concurrency,
and promote its applications. Interest in this topic is continuously
growing, as a consequence of the importance and ubiquity of concurrent
systems and their applications, and of the scientific relevance of
their foundations. Submissions are solicited in all areas of semantics,
logics and verification techniques for concurrent systems.

Topics include (but are not limited to) concurrency related aspects of:
models of computation and semantic domains, process algebras, Petri
nets, event structures, real-time systems, hybrid systems,
decidability, model-checking, verification techniques, refinement
techniques, term and graph rewriting, distributed programming, logic
constraint programming, object-oriented programming, typing systems and
algorithms, case studies, tools and environments for programming and
verification.

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE
   Ralph Back (SF), Jos Baeten (NL, co-chair), Jan Bergstra (NL),
   Manfred Broy (D), Rocco De Nicola (I), Andrew Gordon (UK),
   Roberto Gorrieri (I), Tom Henzinger (USA), Bengt Jonsson (S),
   Maciej Koutny (UK), Nancy Lynch (USA), Sjouke Mauw (NL, co-chair),
   Arend Rensink  (NL), Philippe Schnoebelen (F), Robert de Simone (F),
   P.S. Thiagarajan (IN), David Walker (UK), Glynn Winskel (DK).
ORGANISATION
   Jan Friso Groote (NL, chair)
TUTORIALS
   Kees Middelburg (NL)
TOOL DEMONSTRATIONS
   Dragan Bosnacki (NL)
INVITED SPEAKERS
   Rance Cleaveland (USA),
   Javier Esparza (D),
   Rob van Glabbeek (USA),
   Catuscia Palamidessi (USA).

SUBMISSIONS
Submissions will be evaluated by the Programme Committee for inclusion
in the proceedings, which will be published by Springer-Verlag. Papers
must contain original contributions, be clearly written, and include
appropriate reference to and comparison with related work. Papers (of
at most 15 pages, accompanied by a one-page abstract) should preferably
be submitted electronically as uuencoded PostScript files at the
address given below. The mailing addresses (both postal and
electronic), telephone number and fax number (if available) of the
author to whom correspondence should be sent should be clearly
indicated. In case of hardcopy submissions, send five copies to the
address below.

CALL FOR SATELLITES
The CONCUR'99 conference will host several satellite workshops, which
will take place on August 23 and August 28. Proposals for satellites
are solicited, which should contain a brief description of the scope
and organization of the workshop.

CALL FOR TOOL DEMONSTRATIONS
During the conference there is the possibility to demonstrate tools
which are clearly connected to the topics of the conference. Proposals
for such tool demonstrations should take the form of a tool description
not exceeding 4 pages. The necessary hardware and software resources
for installation and demonstration of the tool should be specified.

IMPORTANT DATES
   Deadline for submission: 26 February 1999
   Notification of acceptance: 16 April 1999
   Final version due: 19 May 1999
   Satellite proposals: 8 January 1999
   Tool demo proposals: 4 June 1999

ADDRESSES
S. Mauw, Eindhoven University of Technology,
P.O. Box 513, NL-5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
URL http://www.win.tue.nl/concur99/
E-mail [email-masked]