Subject: categories: PSSL in Trieste

From: "Pedicchio M. Cristina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:00:36 +0100 (MET)

PSSL  TRIESTE 28-29 November 1998

Saturday:

9.30 - 10.10  F.W. Lawvere: TBA
10.15 -  10.45  A. Kock: Strength of Amazing Right Adjoints (with G.
Reyes)
10.50- 11.20  G. Janelidze: Homological Algebra in additive categories via
Descent Theory
break
11.50 - 12.20  M. Grandis: An intrinsic homotopy theory for simplicial
complexes
12.25 - 12.55  E. Vitale: Factorization systems for symmetric cat-groups

lunch

15.00 - 15.30  J. Adamek: M-completeness is seldom monadic over graphs
(joint with G.M. Kelly)
15.35 -16.05 J. Rosicky:  Generalized varieties
16.10 - 16.40 I. Le Cruerer: Descent of internal structures 
break
17.10 - 17.40 D. Bourn: Normal monomorphisms and Mal'cev objects in
protomodular categories
17.45 - 18.15 M. Gran: Internal groupoids in Maltsev categories
18.20 - 18.50 H. Kleisli: A model of linear logic revisited.

Sunday:

9.00 - 9.30  J. Goguen: Sheaf Theory and cocurrency in Computer Science
9.35  - 10.05  R.F.C. Walters: On the algebra of feedback and systems with
boundary (joint work with P Katis and N Sabadini)
10.10 -10.40  J. Koslowski: *-Linear Bicategories  (joint with Robert
Seely  and Robin Cockett.)
break
11.10 - 11.40 F. Linton: Banach Spaces *are* monadic - just not quite over
Sets
11.45  - 12.15 W. Tholen: Total cocompleteness of the formal product
completion (joint with J.Adamek and L.Sousa)
12.20 - 12.50 M. Clementino: A categorical setting for local compactness. 

M.Cristina Pedicchio - Dept.Mathematics - Univ.Trieste 34100 Trieste -
Italy
39 40 6763256/3727  - fax 39 40 6763256 - [email-masked]