Subject: categories: preprint available

From: "Martin Escardo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:09:09 +0000 (GMT)

The following preprint is available at

    http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/mhe/pub/papers/patch-CSLC.ps.gz
&   http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/mhe/papers.html
&   ftp://ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk/pub/mhe/patch-CSLC.ps.gz

             On the compact-regular coreflection 
         of a compact stably locally compact locale.

ABSTRACT: The Scott continuous nuclei form a subframe of the frame of
all nuclei. We refer to this subframe as the patch frame. We show that
the patch construction exhibits (i) the category of Stone locales and
continuous maps as a coreflective subcategory of the category of
coherent locales and coherent maps, (ii) the category of compact
regular locales and continuous maps as a coreflective subcategory of
the category of compact stably locally compact locales and perfect
maps, and (iii) the category of regular locally compact locales and
continuous maps as a coreflective subcategory of the category of
stably locally compact locales. We relate our patch construction to
Banaschewski and Brümmer's construction of the dual equivalence of the
category of compact stably locally compact locales and perfect maps
with the category of compact regular biframes and biframe
homomorphisms.

Comments are welcome.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Martin H. Escardo, LFCS, Computer Science, Edinburgh University
King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland
office:	2606 (JMCB) fax: +44 131 667 7209 phone: +44 131 650 5135
mailto:[email-masked]          http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/mhe
-----------------------------------------------------------------