Subject: categories: Norddeutsches Kategorienseminar

From: Koslowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:49:22 +0100 (MET)

Dear Colleagues,

The following announcement is directed primarily, but not exclusively,
at German readers of this list.  We simply don't know how many 
categorically interested people are hiding in (northern) Germany :-)
(An English version comes after the German version.)

Thank you for your attention.

-- J"urgen Koslowski

===================================================================

NORDDEUTSCHES KATEGORIENSEMINAR (NDKS)

        am 20./21.\ Februar 1999 in Braunschweig

Vor der Jahrtausendwende und in Anlehnung an das wohlbekannte
"Nordwestdeutsche Kategorienseminar" der 70'er Jahre m\"ochten wir an
Kategorien interessierten Mathematikern und Informatikern im
norddeutschen Raum (und dar"uber hinaus) ein Forum bieten, ihre
Ergebnisse zu pr\"asentieren und sich mit anderen auszutauschen.

Insbesondere soll dem kategoriellen Nachwuchs die M\"oglichkeit
geboten werden, im informellen Rahmen Gleichgesinnte kennenzulernen
und evtl.\ erste Tagungserfahrungen zu sammeln.  Insofern wird die
Tagungssprache \"uberwiegend Deutsch sein.  Aber nat\"urlich sind auch
ausl\"andische KollegInnen herzlich eingeladen, falls sie sich gerade
im norddeutschen Raum aufhalten.

Wir verstehen diese Veranstaltung nicht als Konkurrenz zur
erfolgreichen europ"aischen PSSL-Reihe, sondern eher als regionale
Vorbereitung.  

Beim Zeitplan wollen wir uns an das bew\"ahrte Schema halten mit
Vortr\"agen am Samstag und am Sonntag Vormittag, sowie An- und Abreise
am Freitag bzw.\ Sonntag.  Sie k\"onnen nat\"urlich auch l\"anger
bleiben!  Um die Unterbringung der Teilnehmer in Braunschweig k"ummern
wir uns.

Bitte bringen Sie diese Ank\"undigung auch eventuell interessierten
KollegInnen zur Kenntnis.  Wir freuen uns schon auf Ihren Besuch in
Braunschweig!

Jiri Adamek
J"urgen Koslowski

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NORDDEUTSCHES KATEGORIENSEMINAR (NDKS)

        February 20/21, 1999, in Braunschweig

Before the third millennium and in the tradition of the well-known
"Nordwestdeutsches Kategorienseminar" of the 1970's we would like
invite categorically interested mathematicians and computer scientists
from Northern Germany (and beyond) to present their results and to
exchange ideas.

In particular, we hope that students interested in category theory
will have a chance to meet like-minded people in an informal
atmosphere and gain experience at meetings.  Hence we expect most
talks to be in German.  But, of course, foreign colleagues who happen
to be in the area are cordially invited to attend as well.

This meeting is not intended as competition for the highly successful
European PSSL series.  We would like it to serve as regional
preparation instead.

We want to keep the familiar timetable of talks on Saturday and Sunday
morning, which leaves Friday and Saturday for arrival and departure,
respectively.  Of course, you can stay longer, if you wish!  We will
try to find accommodations for the participants.

Please notify your colleagues who might be interested.  We are looking
forward to your visit in Braunschweig!

Jiri Adamek
J"urgen Koslowski

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitte an J"urgen Koslowski <[email-masked]> schicken, m\"oglichst
bis zum 10. Januar:

Please return to J"urgen Koslowski <[email-masked]>, preferably
before January 10:

Postanschrift / postal address:
Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik
TU Braunschweig
Postfach 3329
D-38023 Braunschweig
Germany

Ich m\"ochte am NDKS am 20./21.\ Februar 1999 in Braunschweig teilnehmen / 
I intend to come to the NDKS on February 20/21, 1999, in Braunschweig:

* Ich m\"ochte vortragen zum Thema / I intend to give a talk entitled

  ...................................................................

* ( ) 25 Minuten/minutes                       ( ) 40 Minuten/minutes

* Bitte reservieren Sie ein Zimmer f\"ur / Please reserve accommodation for

  Donnerstag/Freitag/Samstag/Sonntag  /  Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday

* ( ) Einzelzimmer / single room               ( ) Doppelzimmer / double room

* ( ) Ich bin VegetarierIn / I am a vegetarian

Name / name      :

Adresse / address:

Email            :

Telefon / phone  :

-- 
J"urgen Koslowski       % If I don't see you no more in this world
ITI                     % I meet you in the next world
TU Braunschweig         % and don't be late!
[email-masked] %              Jimi Hendrix (Voodoo Child)