Subject: categories: category theory and probability theory

From: "jean-pierre-C." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:13:01 +0200 (DFT)

Bonjour. I am a statistician and I should be interested in a categorical
framework for probability and statistical theory. Does anyone know
references (books, articles, websites...) about applications of categories
and functors to probability or even measure theory ? Thank you.
                                               
                                           Very truly yours,  
   
                                           Jean-Pierre Cotton.

---

From: boerger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:52:52 +0100

I like to add some references concerning applications of category 
theory to measure theory:

  - Fred Linton´s thesis and his paper "Functorial measure theory" in 
the Irvine Proceedings, Thompson , Washington D.C., !966.

  - Various papers by Mike Wendt, in particular his thesis on direct 
integrals of Hilbert spaces

 - My still unpublished long paper "Vector integration by universal 
properties" and its simplified version in the Bremen Proceedings,
Heldermann, Berlin, 1991.

                                Kind regards
                                Reinhard