Subject: categories: Re: twisted arrow categories

From: Charles Wells <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:25:09 -0400

The twisted arrow category is discussed in my paper "Extension Theories for
Categories", available at

http://www.cwru.edu/artsci/math/wells/pub/papers.html

(it has never been published).

>
>In Chapter IX, Sec 6, Ex 3 of CWM, MacLane defines the twisted arrow
>category of C such that objects are arrows f : a -> b of C and arrows
>are pairs of morphisms of C, (l,m) : f -> g, such that g = mfl. The
>construction is part of a proof of the reduction of ends to limits.
>
>I would be grateful for pointers to other occurrences of this construction
>in the literature.

Charles Wells, Department of Mathematics, Case Western Reserve University,
10900 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44106-7058, USA.
EMAIL: [email-masked]. OFFICE PHONE: 216 368 2893.
FAX: 216 368 5163.  HOME PHONE: 440 774 1926.  
HOME PAGE: URL http://www.cwru.edu/artsci/math/wells/home.html