Subject: Lectureships in Computer Science

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:59:15 -0400 (AST)

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:09:26 GMT
From: [email-masked]

Dear Colleagues,

I would be grateful if you could publicize the following 
lectureship advertisement.

Thank you,
Roy Crole.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Leicester University UK

DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS & COMPUTER SCIENCE

2 LECTURESHIPS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

Applications are invited for 2 Lectureships in Computer Science in the
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of
Leicester.  One lectureship will be in the general area of Software
Engineering and Formal Methods, and there are no restrictions on the
other lectureship.  The posts are tenable from 1st September 1998 or
as soon as possible thereafter.

This is a superb opportunity for persons of energy, drive and ambition
to assume rewarding roles and to establish themselves in a young,
dynamic and rapidly developing department.  Initial salary, dependent
upon qualifications and experience, will be on the Lecturer Grade A or
B scale 16,045 to 27,985 GBP p.a.

Candidates who are interested in either of the lectureships are
invited, if they so wish, to contact Professor Iain Stewart (telephone
0116 252 5237, e-mail [email-masked]) or Professor Rick
Thomas (telephone 0116 252 3411, email [email-masked]), who will be
pleased to discuss the lectureships further.  Information about the
Department is also available on the WWW [http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk].

Further particulars (which are also available on the World Wide Web)
and application forms are available from the Personnel and Planning
Office (Academic Appointments), University of Leicester, University
Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, telephone +44 (0)116 252 2758.

The closing date for applications is 20th March 1998.  
Please quote reference A5167.