Subject: CfP Concur98

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 17:38:46 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 13:31:38 +0200
From: Robert Desimone <[email-masked]>

[Apologies for multiple copies]

                      Preliminary Call for Papers

                               CONCUR'98
               9th International Conference on Concurrency Theory

                    Nice, France, September 8-11, 1998

                     <http://www.inria.fr/concur98/>

Important dates
~~~~~~~~~
   Paper submissions:        March 10, 1998
   Notifications:            May 8, 1998
   Final versions:           June 10, 1998.

CONCUR 98: Purpose and Scope
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The purpose of the CONCUR conferences is to bring together
researchers, developers and students in order to advance the theory
of concurrency, and promote its applications. Interest in this
topic is continuously growing, as a consequence of the importance and
ubiquity of concurrent systems and applications, and of the scientific
relevance of their foundations.

The scope of CONCUR'98 covers all areas of semantics, logics and
verification techniques for concurrent systems.  A list of specific
topics includes (but is not limited to) concurrency related issues about
models of computation and semantic domains,
process algebras, Petri nets, event structures,
real-time systems, hybrid systems,
decidability,  model-checking, verification techniques,
refinement techniques, term and graph rewriting, 
distributed programming, logic constraint programming, 
object-oriented programming, typing systems and algorithms, 
applications, case studies, tools and environments for programming and
verification.

Submissions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Submissions consist of a 100-200 word ASCII abstract and a 15 page
summary. Electronic submissions in PostScript(tm) are strongly encouraged.

Program Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M. Abadi (Digital,Systems Research Center)
A. Asperti (University of Bologna)
J. Bradfield (University of Edinburgh)
E. Clarke (Carnegie Mellon University)
R. de Simone (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, co-chair)
J. Esparza (Technische Universitat Munchen)                           
P. Gastin  (University of Paris 7)
R. van Glabbeek (Stanford University)
G. Gonthier (INRIA Rocquencourt)
M. Hennessy (Sussex University)
O. Maler (Verimag Grenoble)
F. Moller (Uppsala University)
U. Montanari (University of Pisa)
M. Mukund  (SMI Madras)
M. Nielsen (University of Aarhus)
P. Panangaden (Mc Gill University)
J. Parrow  (Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm)            
A. Rensink (University of Hildesheim)
D. Sangiorgi (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, co-chair)
C. Talcott (Stanford University)
J. Winkowski (Polish Academy of Sciences)

Steering Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Steering Committee of CONCUR is composed of Jos Baeten (chair,
Eindhoven), Eike Best (Hildesheim), Kim Larsen (Aalborg), Ugo Montanari 
(Pisa), Scott Smolka (Stony Brook) and Pierre Wolper (Liege).

Proceedings
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS
series. 

Venue and local arrangements
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice is ideally located on the French Riviera. September is still
bathing season, while less crowded as full summer.  Nice's
international airport is well-connected to all major european and
non-european cities.

The Organizing Committee of CONCUR 98 is composed of Amar Bouali,
Gerard Boudol, Ilaria Castellani, Silvano Dalzilio and Massimo Merro.

An effort will be made to have reasonably low conference fee and
accommodation expenses.

For further information, check URL <http://www.inria.fr/concur98/>, 
or mailto: [email-masked].