Subject: Barrfest proceedings (reminder)

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 17:02:22 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 17:38:22 -0400
From: Robert A. G. Seely <[email-masked]>

This is a reposting of the call-for-papers for the Barrfest.  This notice
may also be found on the CRTC/CTRC WWW home page:
  <ftp://triples.math.mcgill.ca/crtc.html> or
  <ftp://triples.math.mcgill.ca/ctrc.html>

           CENTRE de RECHERCHE en THEORIE des CATEGORIES
                 CATEGORY THEORY RESEARCH CENTER

                       C  --------->  R

                       |           /  |
                       |         /    |
                       |       /      |
                       |     /        |
                       v   /          v   

                       T  --------->  C

              BARRFEST PROCEEDINGS - CALL FOR PAPERS

There will be a special issue of the Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra
dedicated to Michael Barr, in honour of his 60th birthday, and nominally the
proceedings of the BarrFest, held in Montreal 29 - 31 May 1997.  We invite
submissions to these Proceedings from anyone interested; papers submitted
will undergo the usual JPAA referee process, and we are hopeful that the
final Proceedings will be ready before summer 1998.

Topics suitable for the Proceedings include any of the subjects to which
Michael Barr has contributed, such as homological algebra, triples,
embeddings, exact catgeories, torsion theories, topos theory, topology,
*-autonomous categories, universal algebra, logic, linear logic, computer
science, or linguistics.

The submission deadline for the BarrFest Proceedings is 15 September 1997.
Please send five (5) (paper) copies before then to

 R.A.G. Seely
 Department of Mathematics
 McGill University
 805 Sherbrooke St W
 Montreal H3A 2K6
 Quebec, Canada

(If possible) please send an email message to [email-masked] indicating
the title (and authors, if other than the sender of the email) of the paper,
as well as an abstract (in standard ascii format, maximum 1 page) of the
paper.  If you are able to provide a uuencoded, compressed PostScript file
(300 dpi), please mention this in your email as well.  If having the
electronic file will speed up the refereeing process, we will get in touch
with you to request such files.

For further information, please contact Robert Seely <[email-masked]>.

F.W. Lawvere (guest editor)
T. Fox, R.A.G. Seely (co-editors)