Subject: preprint

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 14:12:31 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 15:43:23 +1000
From: Michael Batanin <[email-masked]>

The   preprint

" Finitary monads on globular sets and notions of computad they generate "

is available as
postscript files  at

http://www-math.mpce.mq.edu.au/~mbatanin/papers.html

                               Abstract

Consider a finitary monad on the category of globular sets. We prove
 that the category of its algebras is isomorphic to the category
 of algebras of an appropriate monad on the
special category (of computads) constructed from the data of the
initial monad. In the case of the free $n$-category monad this
definition coincides with R.Street's definition of $n$-computad. In
the case of a monad generated by a higher operad this allows us to
define a pasting operation in a weak $n$-category. It may be also considered
 as the first step toward the proof of equivalence of the different
 definitions of weak $n$-categories.