Subject: Chair in Computing Science at Uppsala University

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:46:10 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Mon, 25 Aug 97 15:00:47 +0200
From: Bengt Jonsson <[email-masked]>

Could you please post the following announcement on the 
Category Theory Mailing list?

Thank you

Bengt Jonsson

Uppsala University

****************************************************************

UPPSALA UNIVERSITY
invites applications for a tenured 

CHAIR (FULL PROFESSOR) IN COMPUTING SCIENCE

at the Faculty of Science and Technology.
Ref no. 3603/97

Applicants must demonstrate scientific excellence and pedagogical
proficiency. The successful candidate is expected to pursue an active
research program, perform graduate and undergraduate teaching, and
supervise graduate students.

The chair is placed in the division for mathematics and computer
science, which is nicely located on a campus area for mathematics and
information technology (http://www.mic.uu.se/) at Uppsala University.
The campus houses chairs and graduate programs in areas including
automatic control, computerized image analysis, computer systems,
computing science, mathematical logic, mathematical statistics,
mathematics, numerical analysis, signal processing, and systems
analysis.  Information about computer science in the division can be
found at the home page of the department of computing science
(http://www.csd.uu.se/datalogi/), of computer systems
(http://www.docs.uu.se/), or of scientific computing
(http://www.tdb.uu.se/).

For additional information about the position, consult the dean of
mathematics and computer science, prof. Ewert Bengtsson,
tel no +46-18-183467 (after June 28 +46-18-4714367), e-mail
[email-masked].

Prospective candidates must contact the office of the faculty in order
to receive the full announcement with instructions on how to apply.
Please use fax no +46-18-181999 (after June 28 +46-18-4711999),
e-mail: [email-masked], or retrieve the announcement
from http://www.csd.uu.se/datalogi/positions97/chair.shtml.
Applications must be received on September 10, 1997, at the latest.

The faculty wishes to establish a more equal proportion amongst female
and male professors, and applications from women are encouraged.