Subject: JOB OPENING: two post-doc positions rewriting and semantics

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 14:51:51 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 13:34:15 +0900
From: KINOSHITA Yoshiki <[email-masked]>

The Semantics Group of the Computer Science Division of ETL seeks
applicants for two postdoctoral positions in Rewriting and Programming
Semantics which are expected to become available from October 15th,
1997.

The positions are initially for one and half year (until March 31,
1999) with a possibility of extension to two and half year. The salary
will be according to STA (Science and Technology Agency, which offers
the budget for these positions) standards, depending on age and
experience.
     
The research interests of the group lies in Rewriting and Programming
Semantics.  Current topics are infinite rewriting and categorical
semantics for data refinement.
   
Applications, including a letter of interest, curriculum vita, e-mail
address, and the names of at least three references, should be sent to
our secretary:

	   Ms Mariko Fujikubo,
	   Computer Science Division,
	   ETL, mailbox 1503
	   1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 JAPAN.

To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by
August 25, 1997, but we will accept applications until the positions
are filled.

Research facilities of the Semantics group are good: the research
library and computer equipment are up-to-date. The semantics group
currently enjoys support of a COE-grant (centre of excellence) by the
Science and Technology Agency of Japan, which allows for invitation of
visitors and research trips. The group has strong international
connections and is active in organisation of and participation in in
various regional and national workshops in Japan. Right now, there are
three members: Dr. Yoshiki Kinoshita, Koichi Takahashi and Dr. Fer-Jan
de Vries.
    
The 106 year old Electrotechnical Laboratory (ETL) is a large
governmental research institute. Research is performed in electronics
and informatics; about one fourth of its 529 researchers do research
in computer science, artificial intelligence and robotics.
     
ETL is situated in Tsukuba Science City. Tsukuba is located about 50
km North-East of Tokyo with good connections to Tokyo and Narita
international airport.

For more details see (partly in Japanese)

	http://www.etl.go.jp/outline.html (on ETL)
	http://www.etl.go.jp/etl/etlclu/~semantics (on Semantics group)
	http://www.etl.go.jp/~yoshiki
	http://www.etl.go.jp/~ferjan

Further enquiries can be made to Yoshiki Kinoshita ([email-masked])
or Fer-Jan de Vries ([email-masked]).

--
Yoshiki Kinoshita
Computer Language Section, Electrotechnical Laboratory
1-1-4, Umezono, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki, 305 Japan
phone: +81-298-54-5859  FAX: +81-298-50-3914  e-mail: [email-masked]