Subject: Preprint available

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:39:18 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:51:32 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Carsten Butz <[email-masked]>

Dear Colleagues,

the ps-file of the following preprint is available at the homepage
http://www.brics.dk/~butz :

Topological Completeness for Higher-Order Logic

by Steve Awodey ([email-masked]),
   Carsten Butz ([email-masked]).

Abstract: Using recent results in topos theory, two systems of
higher-order logic are shown to be complete with respect to sheaf
models over topological spaces---so-called ``topological semantics''.
The first is classical higher-order logic, with relational
quantification of finitely high type; the second system is a
predicative fragment thereof with quantification over functions
between types, but not over arbitrary relations.  The second theorem
applies to intuitionistic as well as classical logic.

Best regards,

Steve Awodey and Carsten Butz