Subject: CT97

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 11:51:11 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Mon, 9 Jun 97 17:59:24 -0700
From: John MacDonald <[email-masked]>

INTERNATIONAL CATEGORY THEORY MEETING (CT97)

July 13-19, 1997

University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada

The conference arrival day is Sunday July 13 with a reception 6-9pm in the
Fireplace Lounge of Walter Gage Towers on the UBC campus. The scientific 
program will begin Monday morning July 14 at 9am in Angus 104 and will finish 
on Saturday July 19 at the end of the morning session (12:30pm).

HOUSING

On June 13 all rooms from our block which have not been individually reserved
will be released to the public for reservation.  After that time rooms can be
reserved using the same reservation form anytime up until the start of the
conference, as long as space is available.  

If you need a housing form, then please send email to [email-masked] 
with the subject Housing and a room reservation form will be sent to you.
The completed form can then be sent by email to the housing office.

REGISTRATION

It is not too late to register for the conference.  In fact the organizers
will welcome registrations up until one week before the meeting.  To get
a registration form please send email to [email-masked] with subject
Registration.  If you decide to come, then it will be greatly appreciated 
if you register as soon as possible after deciding so that our space
requirements can be more accurately determined.

SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM

The number of speakers already appears to match the time available.  For
this reason it is unlikely that there will be time available on the program 
for those who have not already given the organizers a title or at least
indicated their wish for a space on the program.

A list of speakers will be sent out soon.

TRAVEL AND TOURS

The name and fax number of a Vancouver travel agent will be supplied
upon request to those who wish to book a hotel or tours locally. 

For information about how to get to UBC after arriving in the city 
by air, by automobile or by ferryboat contact the UBC Conference
Centre web site http://www.conferences.ubc.ca.

For extensive information about British Columbia in general and links
to all regions contact http://travel.bc.ca.

One of the registrants has also recommended the Vancouver site
www.vancouver-bc.com./index.html for a lot of information about
B&Bs.