Subject: CT97

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 17:47:58 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Fri, 16 May 97 16:50:56 -0700
From: John MacDonald <[email-masked]>

LAST CALL FOR PREREGISTRATION

INTERNATIONAL CATEGORY THEORY MEETING (CT97)

July 13-19, 1997

University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada

The conference arrival day is Sunday July 13 with a reception 6-9pm in the
Fireplace Lounge of Walter Gage Towers on the UBC campus. The scientific 
program will begin Monday morning July 14 at 9am in Angus 104 and will finish 
on Saturday July 19 at the end of the morning session (12:30pm).

On Wednesday afternoon July 16 there will be a Vancouver city tour followed
by a dinner cruise with Harbour Ferries. Pickup time will be 2:30pm in
front of Gage Towers.  On Friday evening there will be a banquet starting
at 7:30PM.

PREREGISTRATION

If you plan to attend the conference and have not preregistered, or if
you would like more information to enable you to decide whether to
attend, then please preregister as soon as possible.

To preregister, and thus receive future announcements as well as a
registration form and a housing form please send e-mail to [email-masked]
with subject `preregistration'.  Please provide your name and a postal address
in the body of the message.

HOUSING DEADLINE

Accomodation is available on the U.B.C. campus in a block of rooms being held
for CT97 until June 13, one month before the starting date of the conference.
On June 13 all rooms from our block which have not been individually reserved
will be released to the public for reservation.  After this time one can still 
request space on an individual basis, but the outcome is less certain,
especially since a major music festival begins in Vancouver on July 18.

If you think that you may attend but are not sure yet, then you may find
it advisable to reserve a room since this can be done by email on the 
housing form and for the single rooms with shared washroom it does not
require a deposit.

If you have preregistered but have misplaced your room reservation form,
then please send email to [email-masked] with the subject Housing 
and a room reservation form will be sent to you.

TALK DEADLINE

If you wish to give a talk and have not yet informed the organizers, then
please let us know of your intention by May 31 by sending email to 
[email-masked]  including a title, if possible.  Abstracts should be sent
to [email-masked] by June 10.

There may be parallel sessions on some afternoons.  The total number of
speakers may have to be limited as well.

PREREGISTRANT LIST

For your information a list of those who have preregistered as of May 16
is attached.  This list is presented roughly in the order in which 
preregistrations were received.  If your name is not on the list and
you would like it added, then please follow the procedure listed under
PREREGISTRATION above.
	
CT97 PREREGISTRATION LIST (5/16/97)

P.J. Johnstone, C.J. Mulvey, M. Hebert, M. Grandis, R.J. Wood

B. Jay, S. Niefeld, J. Isbell, D. Novick, F. Gago

I. Moerdijk, J. Funk, F. Zalamea, H. Lord, H. Hu

J. Duskin, Y. Katsov, H. Marcum, J.R. Otto, M. Johnson

R. Pare, P. McCrudden, H.E. Porst, R. Seely, R. Gates

V. Pratt, R. Kieboom, J. Rosicky, G. Rosolini, S. Crans

R. Street, S. Lack, U. Montanari, F. Piessens, W. Hunsaker

F.W. Lawvere, H. Kleisli, J.W. Pelletier, L.S. Barbosa, P.C. Carrasco

W. Tholen, A. Madanshekaf, J. Picado, F. Marmolejo, S. Fusco

Y.P. Velinov, R. Rosebrugh, A. Schauerte, W. Boshuck, D. Bourn

S. Mac Lane, J. MacDonald, A.Stone, L. Roman, S. Mantovani

G.M. Kelly, L. Mauri, C. Pedicchio, J. Thiessen, M. Thiebaud

M.  Barr, G. Richter, F.G. Lastaria, D. Hofmann, J. Walters-Wayland 

L. Sousa, M.J.Healy, P. Mulry, R. Dawson, Z. Omiadze

J. Koslowski, F. Linton, D. Pronk, A. Kock, H. Miyoshi 

C. Hermida, D. Schumacher