Subject: Lectureships

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:51:10 -0400 (AST)

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:14:34 +0100 (BST)
From: Matthew Hennessy <[email-masked]>

 Apologies for multiple copies of this email

                  SCHOOL OF COGNITIVE AND COMPUTING SCIENCES

         Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence - 2 Lectureships

Applications are invited for two lectureships in the Computer Science and
Artificial Intelligence Subject Group with an expected start date of October
1997.

Candidates for the first Lectureship should be able to show evidence of
significant research achievement in any aspect of the Foundations of
Computation. Candidates for the second Lectureship should be undertaking
innovatory research in some aspect of Vision, Neural Computation or
Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems.  All candidates should be willing to teach
in areas other than their research speciality.

The appointments are planned on the Lecturer Grade A scale 15,593-20,424 per
annum (under review).  For exceptional candidates, an appointment on the
Lecturer Grade B scale, 21,277-27,196 per annum (under review), may be
considered.

The posts can be discussed informally with Dr Hilary Buxton on (01273) 678569,
email [email-masked].  Details of the School are available at
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk.

Application forms and further particulars are available from and should be
returned to Sandra Jenks, Staffing Services, University of Sussex, Falmer
Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 9RH.  Tel: (01273) 606755, ext 3768.  Email:
[email-masked].  Closing date: Monday 21 April 1997.