Subject: AMS Special session in categories

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:13:48 -0400 (AST)

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 10:47:41 -0500
From: Robert A. G. Seely <[email-masked]>

It has been pointed out to me that there was some ambiguity about some of
the details I posted recently concerning the Special Session on category
theory at the September AMS meeting in Montreal.  After confirming the
following with Mike Barr, here are the additional details:
 
] Notice of AMS Meeting September 26-28, 1997 Montreal, Quebec Canada 
]      (1997 Fall Eastern Sectional Meeting) 
]      Meeting # 924, Notices Program Issue: October 1997 
]      Deadline for Contributed Papers for consideration in Special Sessions:
]      May 1, 1997 
This means _titles_ of papers, not the actual papers themselves.
]      Deadline for Abstract Submission: June 26, 1997 
This means what it says.  But note that submissions (of titles and
abstracts) are to be made to the AMS (although if you send them to one of
the organizers I imagine they will be able to forward them to the right
place...)

] Special Session on Category Theory and Its Applications 
]      Organizers: 
]      Michael Barr, McGill University [email-masked] 
]     Ieke Moerdijk, University of Utrecht. Netherlands [email-masked] 
]     Myles Tierney, Rutgers University [email-masked] 

This session is in honour of Bill Lawvere.