Subject: Research Associate Position

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:31:17 -0400 (AST)

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 97 18:14:51 GMT
From: Roy L. Crole <[email-masked]>

                  UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER

          Department of Mathematics and Computer Science

                     RESEARCH ASSOCIATE

Applications are invited for a post of Research Associate available
for up to three years to work on an EPSRC funded project entitled
"The Complexity of Problems in Infinite Groups". The aims of the
project are to further develop and extend links between Theoretical
Computer Science and Mathematics.  Candidates should possess, or be
completing, a PhD in Mathematics or Theoretical Computer
Science. Salary will be towards the lower end of the R&A 1A Scale
(14,732 - 22,143 GBpounds pa) depending on qualifications and
experience.

Further information can be obtained from Dr R. M. Thomas
([email-masked]) or Prof I. A. Stewart ([email-masked]);
particulars are also available on the web
(http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/~rthomas/Particulars).

Application forms and further particulars are available from the
Personnel and Planning Office (Research Appointments), University of
Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH. Tel (0116) 223
1341. Please quote reference number R7025/Web.

Closing date for receipt of applications is 4th April 1997.