Subject: Book on semantics of computation

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 15:20:01 -0400 (AST)

Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 18:47:57 +0100
From: Andrew Pitts <[email-masked]>

BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Semantics and Logics of Computation

Edited by

Andrew M Pitts
University of Cambridge

and

P Dybjer
Chalmers University

The aim of this volume is to present modern developments in semantics
and logics of computation in a way that is accessible to graduate
students. The book is based on a summer school at the Isaac Newton
Institute and consists of a sequence of linked lecture courses. The
authors are leaders in their fields and much of material they present
was either not previously accessible, or not accessible in such a
digestible form.
 
Contents

S. Abramsky, Semantics of interaction: an introduction to game
semantics. 

T. Coquand, Computational content of classical logic

M. Hofmann, Syntax and semantics of dependent types

M. Hyland, Game semantics

E. Moggi, Metalanguages and applications

A. Pitts, Operationally-based theories of program equivalence

G. Winskel and M. Nielsen, Categories in concurrency

Hardback
ISBN 0521580579
Published by Cambridge University Press
January 1997
UKL 35.00

Ordering information at: http://www.cup.cam.ac.uk/order/ordertop.html 
(email: [email-masked]).