Subject: CSL '97 second announcement and call for papers

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:02:05 -0400 (AST)

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:58:58 +0100 (MET)
From: Uffe Henrik Engberg <[email-masked]>

                                  CSL '97

 Annual Conference of the European Association for Computer Science Logic

		  August 23-29, 1997  7  Aarhus, Denmark

                  Second Announcement and Call for Papers

CSL  is the  annual  conference  of  the European  Association for Computer
Science Logic (EACSL).  The conference is  intended for computer scientists
whose research activities involve  logic, as well  as for logicians working
on topics significant for computer science.

Scientific Program

August 23-24, 1997: Tutorials on Games and Logic

S. Abramsky (Edinburgh): Game Semantics
A. E. Emerson (Austin): Games, 5-calculus, and program verification
W.  Thomas  (Kiel), I. Walukiewicz (Warsaw):   Determinacy,  the Rabin Tree
Theorem and its extensions

August 25-29, 1997: Invited Lectures and Contributed Papers 

The list of invited  speakers will include: S.  Buss (San Diego), H.  Comon
(Paris),  T. Coquand   (Gothenburg), M.  Hyland   (Cambridge),  N. Immerman
(Amherst),   N.  Klarlund  (Murray  Hill),  Y.  Moschovakis  (Los Angeles),
L. Pacholski (Wroclaw).

Local Organization and Accommodation

BRICS, Department of   Computer  Science, University of  Aarhus.    Limited
financial support  for   young researchers  is available.    Inquiries  and
applications should  be sent to  [email-masked]. Further information can be
found on http://www.brics.dk/CSL97.

Submissions

Authors  are  invited to  submit a  draft or  full paper   (up to 12 pages)
together with a  two page abstract.  The  cover page  should include title,
authors, and corresponding authors (name, address, phone/fax number, e-mail
address).  Electronic submissions are  encouraged.  Submission forms can be
obtained from http://www.brics.dk/CSL97/subm.html  or by  sending an  empty
message with
		      Subject: submission information

to: [email-masked]. Alternatively, five hardcopies should be sent to:

     Prof. Mogens Nielsen, CSL '97
     Department of Computer Science
     University of Aarhus                Phone:  +45 8942 3260
     Ny Munkegade, Bldg. 540             Fax:    +45 8942 3255
     DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark           E-mail: [email-masked]

                  Deadline of Submission: April 15, 1997

Authors will be notified of  acceptance for presentation at the  conference
by June 15, 1997.  A preliminary version of the full  paper to be submitted
to the Proceedings volume (LNCS Springer-Verlag) should be available at the
conference.   Authors will  be notified of    acceptance of their paper  by
December 15, 1997.

Program Committee

K.   Compton (Ann Arbor), J.   Flum  (Freiburg), J.-Y.   Girard (Paris), F.
Honsell (Udine), J. W.  Klop (Amsterdam), W.  Marek (Lexington), M. Nielsen
(Aarhus, Vice-chair), P.   Pudlak   (Prague), E.  Robinson   (QMW, London),
A. Tarlecki (Warsaw), W. Thomas (Kiel, Chair), I.  Walukiewicz (Warsaw)

EACSL Board

E. Bvrger, D. van Dalen, K.  Ambos-Spies, K. Meinke,  J.Y. Girard, C. Bvhm,
B. Buchberger, Y. Gurevich, L. Pacholski

The conference is sponsored by BRICS (Basic Research in Computer Science),
a Centre of the Danish National Research Foundation