Subject: CONCUR'98: 2nd cfp

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 08:44:34 -0400 (AST)

Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:55:01 +0100 (MET)
From: [email-masked]

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

                         Second Call for Papers

                               CONCUR'98
               9th International Conference on Concurrency Theory

                    Nice, France, September 8-11, 1998

                     <http://www.inria.fr/concur98/>

Important dates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Paper submissions:   March 10, 1998 
   Notifications:       May 8, 1998
   Final versions:      June 10, 1998.

CONCUR 98: Purpose and Scope
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The purpose of the CONCUR conferences is to bring together
researchers, developers, and students in order to advance the theory
of concurrency, and promote its applications. Interest in this
topic is continuously growing, as a consequence of the importance
 of concurrent systems and their applications, and of the scientific
relevance of their foundations.

The scope of CONCUR'98 covers all areas of semantics, logics, and
verification techniques for concurrent systems.  A list of specific
topics includes (but is not limited to) concurrency related aspects of
models of computation and semantic domains, process algebras, Petri
nets, event structures, real-time systems, hybrid systems,
decidability, model-checking, verification techniques, refinement
techniques, term and graph rewriting, distributed programming, logic
constraint programming, object-oriented programming, typing systems
and algorithms, case studies, tools and environments for programming
and verification.

Submissions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Submissions should consist of a 100-200 word ASCII abstract and a
summary (up to 15 pages, typeset 12 points; about 7000 words,
excluding bibliography and figures).  Simultaneous submissions to
other conferences or journals are not allowed.  Electronic submissions
are strongly encouraged; instructions may be found at the CONCUR'98
web page, or obtained by sending an email with subject ``submission
information'' to the address [email-masked].  If surface
mail is used, then five (5) copies of the paper should be sent to the
following address: Concur'98, INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, BP 93, F-06902
Sophia-Antipolis Cedex, France.

Program Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M. Abadi (Digital,Systems Research Center)
A. Asperti (University of Bologna)
J. Bradfield (University of Edinburgh)
E. Clarke (Carnegie Mellon University)
R. de Simone (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, co-chair)
J. Esparza (Technische Universitat Munchen)                           
P. Gastin  (University of Paris 7)
R. van Glabbeek (Stanford University)
G. Gonthier (INRIA Rocquencourt)
M. Hennessy (Sussex University)
O. Maler (Verimag Grenoble)
F. Moller (Uppsala University)
U. Montanari (University of Pisa)
M. Mukund  (SMI Madras)
M. Nielsen (University of Aarhus)
P. Panangaden (Mc Gill University)
J. Parrow  (Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm)            
A. Rensink (University of Hildesheim)
D. Sangiorgi (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, co-chair)
C. Talcott (Stanford University)
J. Winkowski (Polish Academy of Sciences)

Invited Speakers and Tutorials:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(in square brackets, the topic of the talk)

Invited Speakers:
   T. Henzinger (University of California at Berkeley, USA)
           [Hybrid systems]; 
   U. Herzog (Erlangen, Germany)
           [Process algebra for performance evaluation];
   J. Rutten (CWI, Netherlands)
           [Coalgebraic models of computation];
   J.-B. Stefani (CNET, France Telecom)
           [Open distributed systems]; 
   M. Vardi (Rice University, USA) 
           [Branching and linear time temporal logics].
	   
Invited Tutorials : 
   G. Berry (CMA Ecole des Mines, France)
           [Synchronous reactive programming and Esterel]; 
   J.F. Groote (CWI, Netherlands)
           [Theorem provers in concurrency]; 
   B. Pierce (Indiana U., USA)
           [Types in concurrency]. 

Satellite events
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   COTIC'98:  2nd international workshop on Concurrent Constraint
       Programming for Time Critical Applications 
   EXPRESS'98:  5th international workshop on Expressiveness in
       Concurrency 
   HLCL'98:  3rd international workshop on High-Level Concurrent
       Languages 
   PAPM'98: 6th international workshop on Process  Algebra and
       Performance Modeling 
   CONFER W.G.:  4th workshop of the CONFER (Concurrency and
       Functions: Evaluation and Reduction) working group. 

Proceedings
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS
series. A special issue of Theoretical Computer Science is planned. 

Venue and local arrangements
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice is ideally located on the French Riviera. September is still very
pleasant, while less crowded than the high season. Nice's
international airport is well-connected to all major european and
non-european cities.

The conference will be held at the Hotel Novotel , which is
conveniently located in the heart of Nice, between the city center and
the old town, and 20 minutes walk to the beach.

Steering Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Steering Committee of CONCUR is composed of Jos Baeten (chair,
Eindhoven), Eike Best (Oldenburg), Kim Larsen (Aalborg), Ugo Montanari 
(Pisa), Scott Smolka (Stony Brook) and Pierre Wolper (Liege).

Organizing Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	      
The Organizing Committee of CONCUR 98 is composed of Amar Bouali,
Gerard Boudol, Ilaria Castellani, Catherine Juncker, Francoise
Martin-Trucas and Dany Sergeant.

==============================
For further information, check URL <http://www.inria.fr/concur98/>, 
or mail to [email-masked].