Subject: preprints available

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 15:56:11 -0400 (AST)

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:16:30 +0100 (MET)
From: Anders Kock <[email-masked]>

The following preprints are available:

Differential Forms as Infinitesimal Cochains

This is essentially my contribution at the Vancvouver Category Theory
Meeting in July. It proves that the simplicial complex given by the first
neighbourhood of the diagonal of a manifold (in a well adapted model for
SDG) has de Rham cohomology of the manifold as its R-dual.

Extension Theory for Local Groupoids

We relate Extension Theory for (non-abelian) groups (a la Eilenberg-Mac
Lane) with the theory of Connections (a la Ehresmann), via a notion of
local groupoid. In particular, we give in this setting a kind of converse
to the statement "the curvature 2-form of a connection satisfies Bianchi
identity".

Both these preprints are accessible via my home page:
http://www.mi.aau.dk/~kock/
or directly at
ftp://ftp.mi.aau.dk/pub/kock/Cochains.ps
(respectively ../locg.ps)

Anders Kock