Subject: cfp: Workshop on generic programming, WGP'98

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 21:10:20 -0400 (AST)

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:09:21 +0100 (MET)
From: Johan Jeuring <[email-masked]>

Workshop on Generic Programming
June 18th 1998
Marstrand, Sweden

http://www.cse.ogi.edu/PacSoft/conf/wgp/

Call for papers

Generic programming is about making programs more adaptable by making
them more general. Generic programs often embody non-traditional kinds
of polymorphism; ordinary programs are obtained from them by suitably
instantiating their parameters.  In contrast with normal programs, the
parameters of a generic programs are often quite rich in structure.
For example they may be other programs, types or type constructors, or
even programming paradigms.

Generic programming techniques have always been of interest, both to
practitioners and theoreticians, but to date have rarely been a
specific focus of research.  Recent developments in functional and
object-oriented programming lead the organizers of this workshop to
believe that there is sufficient interest to warrant the organisation
of a one-day workshop on the theme of generic programming.

The workshop will be on June 18th, 1998, directly following the
Mathematics of Program Construction conference to be held in Marstrand
Sweden.  We cordially invite all those with an active interest in this
important new area to submit a short position paper on their work to
one of the organizers. 

Deadline for submission to the workshop is Feb. 16, 1997. Notification
of acceptance will be March 7, 1997

The organizers are as follows:

      Roland Backhouse (Cochair) Netherlands 
      Tim Sheard (Cochair) USA 
      Johan Jeuring 
      Oege de Moor 
      Bernhard Moeller 
      Jose Oliveira 
      Barry Jay 
      Robin Cocket who is director of the Charity Project 
      Karl Lieberherr 
      Fritz Ruehr