Subject: resolutions as fractions, space complexity

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 16:46:43 -0300 (ADT)

Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 12:19:44 -0500 (CDT)
From: J. R. Otto <[email-masked]>

Dear People,

The following revisions of talks on work in progress may be of
interest.

<from.dvi.gz> From NNO to Complexity (12 pages, October 2, 1997).  We
begin to revisit space complexity by collapsing resolutions to maps.
So we evolve our talk `Presenting LCC Categories by Answering Queries'
by stratifying higher order types and allowing alternatives.

<lcc-ans.dvi.gz> Presenting LCC Categories by Answering Queries (15
pages, October 1, 1997).  We present LCC categories in a manner that
provides a basis for logic programming with dependent types and
equality.  We find that resolutions are left fractions which collapse
to the maps.

They are linked to http://www.mcs.net/~quant/ .

Regards, Jim Otto
[email-masked]