Subject: PSSL at Bangor

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:36:38 -0400 (AST)

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:04:12 +0000 (GMT)
From: Ronnie Brown <[email-masked]>

63rd Peripatetic Seminar on Sheaves and Logic 

University of Wales, Bangor

March 1, March 2, 1997

As usual, talks will be welcomed on category theory, sheaves, logic
and related areas. You are invited, but not required, 
 to offer a talk, and the programme 
will as usual be decided on the evening of Friday, February 28. 

Please complete the information required on the  booking form and return 
it by fax or email as soon as possible.  

Booking Form

Name:

Title:

Home Department:

Tel:
Fax:

E-mail:

Time of Arrival (Feb 28):

Type of Accommodation required (see attached list):
(complete for University accommodation or if you
want us to make the arrangements, at your responsibility.)

Title of talk:
Abstract of talk:
Duration: 
Preferred time: 

Note: We are asking for support generally and for the 
social evenings on Friday and Saturday evening. If this is 
not obtained, we 
may have to make a charge for these. 
Details of venues will be given to those coming. 

All talks will be in the School of Mathematics. 

Professor R. Brown
School of Mathematics
University of Wales, Bangor
Dean St.
Bangor
Gwynedd LL57 1UT
United Kingdom
tel: +44 (0)1248 382474
office: +44 (0)1248 382475
fax:  +44 (0)1248 355881

                  HOW TO GET TO BANGOR

Train from London Euston, 3.5 -4 hrs; regular service, 
often change at Crewe. 
Trains from Birmingham, 3.3 hrs, from Manchester 3.1 hrs. 
So the easiest connection by air is via Manchester, 
where there is a rail connection at the airport. 

Weather: usually little snow. 

                ACCOMMODATION IN AND AROUND BANGOR

*University Accommodation*                         Telephone Number

Bryn Haul, "Oswalds"                      (01248) 382910 / 383500
     1 Double and 3 Twin Bedrooms
     B&B £17.73  or £12.73 Room Only
Comfortable accommodation; inform them of the PSSL, or book through
us on a first come first serve basis. About 20 minutes walk from 
the Department. 

Student accommodation as follows may be available on a first come first 
served basis. This should be arranged through the department.   
Prices are for 2 nights. About 20 minutes walk from 
the Department. 
Restaurant on site
Bedding supplied, but NO soap, towels, toilet rolls etc

£14.96           Self-catering     
£17.60           Self-catering, En-suite
£22.20           En-suite, includes £2.80 per day food credit

You may  make your own arrangements for the following. 
We will try to help if there are difficulties. 

*Guest Houses*      (priced from £13.00 - £15.00 per night B & B, 
five minutes walk)

Union Hotel, Garth Road, Bangor                            362462
Baytree Lodge, Garth Road, Bangor                  (01248) 362230
Bro Dawel, Garth Road, Bangor                              355242
Dilfan Guest House, Bangor                                 353030

*Hotels*   (priced from £22.50 - £28.95 per night B&B, En-suite, up to 
twenty minutes walk)

British Hotel, High Street, Bangor                         364911
Regency Hotel, Holyhead Road, Bangor                       370819
Eryl Mor Hotel, Upper Garth Road, Bangor                   353789
(overlooking the Menai Straits, 5 min walk)

*Hotels*   (priced from £22.50 - £30 per night B&B, En-suite, within 
three miles)

Abbeyfield Hotel, Talybont, Nr Bangor               352219
Anglesey Arms Hotel, Menai Bridge                 712305 / 712912
Auckland Arms Hotel, Menai Bridge (3 crowns)      712545 / 712453
Country Bumpkin, Llandegai                        370477 

*Hotels*   (priced from £35.00 - £49.50 per night B&B, En-suite, up to 
10 minutes walk)

Menai Court Hotel, Craig y Don Road, Bangor                354200

*Hotels*   (priced from £35.00 - £49.50 per night B&B, En-suite)

Carreg Bran Hotel, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll ****               714224
(near the Brittania Bridge)
Telford Hotel, Glan Aethwy, Bangor                362971 / 352543
(this side of the Menai Bridge)