Subject: Workshop announcement

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:39:02 -0400 (AST)

Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 16:51:57 +0000 (GMT)
From: Matthew Hennessy <[email-masked]>

   	 EU KIT / INSTITUTE OF SOFTWARE, CAS
	International Scientific Cooperation
             ------------------------------------------------

                SUMMER SCHOOL AND WORKSHOP
                --------------------------

        Formal Models of Programming and their Applications

        September 17 - 20, 1997

        Beijing
        China

        !!!!  CALL FOR PARTICIPATION  !!!!

The aim of the Summer School and Workshop, organised by the EU KIT
project SymSem, is to bring together in an informal atmosphere
researchers, working in the general area of the Semantic Foundations
of Computation.  Participation by Chinese researchers and students is
particularly encouraged.  Roughly half of the meeting will be devoted
to expositary seminars given by invited speakers. The remainder will
consist of workshop presentations chosen on the basis of submitted
abstracts.

LIST OF INVITED SPEAKERS:

Gerard Boudol, INRIA-Sophia Antipolis, France
Zhou CaoChen, IIST, Macau
Pierre-Louis Curien, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Matthew Hennessy, University of Sussex, UK
Gerard Huet, INRIA-Rocquencourt, France
Colin Stirling, University of Edinburgh

SUBMISSIONS:

We solicit submissions on original research not published or submitted
for publication elsewhere in the form of Extended Abstracts, not to
exceed 2500 words (approximately 5 pages). The abstracts must be
written in English.  The topic of the meeting is to be interpreted in
a broad sense, to include semantic and algorithmic aspects of

	* Programming languages
        * Verification methods and systems
	* Program logics
	* Concurrency: theory and applications
	* Type theory and applications
	* Program specification
	* Formal languages and automata
	* Rewriting systems

It is intended to publish a volume of papers based on the abstracts
presented at the meeting.

Three copies of abstracts should be sent to

              Huimin Lin - KIT
              PO Box 8718
              Institute of Software
              Chinese Academy of Sciences
              Beijing  100080
              China

or alternatively electronic submissions (in the form of a uuencoded
postscript file) may be sent to

                   [email-masked]

IMPORTANT DATES:

Deadline for submission of abstracts:	30/3/97
Notification of Acceptance:		30/4/97
Workshop dates:				17-20/9/97

Information on the workshop will be maintained at the website

http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/huimin/kit-workshop.html

Organising Committee:

P.L.Curien (France), M. Hennessy (UK), H.Lin (China).

Local Organiser:

H.Lin (China)

Note: TACS is on in Japan on the following week 24 (Wed) -26th Sept.

=================