Subject: Toronto Spring Meeting -- Final Announcement

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 20:53:58 -0400 (AST)

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 16:14:30 -0500 (EST)
From: York cat <[email-masked]>

                          TORONTO SPRING MEETING

         A Weekend Meeting on Category Theory and Its Applications

              YORK UNIVERSITY, North York (Metropolitan Toronto)

                      Saturday/Sunday, April 13/14, 1996

                            FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The meeting will begin on Saturday, April 13, with the first talk at 9 a.m.,
and end before 2 p.m. on Sunday. If you wish to attend the meeting and if you
have not sent your registration form yet, please do so at your earliest
convenience - especially if you wish to book a room through yorkcat or if you
wish to give a talk, and in any case before April 7. This will give the
organizers a chance to finalize hospitality arrangements in good time.
Send the form attached below to [email-masked].

All talks at the meeting will be held in  VARI HALL, Lecture Room D. Vari Hall
is located centrally on the York Campus at 4700 Keele Street in North York. It
is just east of the Ross Building, a large grey building visible from
everywhere; Vari Hall is a yellow brick building in front of Ross, with a
rotunda which connects it with Ross. Enter the building at the rotunda and
follow the signs to Lecture Room D. The busline 106 connecting the closest
subway station (SEE IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW) with York has its terminal stop
almost in front of Vari Hall. If you travel by car, turn west from Keele Street
into York Boulevard  (main gate of the campus) and use the first parking lot on
the right (Lot 1A); the fee is $5 on Saturday and $0 on Sunday. Walk west
towards Vari Hall. Slightly closer to Vari Hall is Lot DD where the Saturday
fee is $7.

The registration desk in front of Lecture Room D will be open beginning from
8:45 a.m. on Saturday. The fee of $25 for participants with full employment
($12 for others) will be used to pay for refreshments during the meeting and
for lunch on Saturday.

Participants and their spouses/friends are invited to a Welcome Party (wine and
cheese) at Walter Tholen's home on Friday night (April 12), beginning from 8
p.m. Address and directions (car and public transport) will be sent by email to
each participant. This mailing will also contain a short (and necessarily
subjective) list of recommended restaurants and Saturday night outings.

Complete information on Saturday night entertainment in Toronto as well as on
restaurants can be obtained by visting the conference web site at

http://www.math.yorku.ca/Who/Faculty/Tholen/tsm/tsm.html

Follow the various links to Toronto information sites. Most complete
entertainment coverage is at the electronic site of "Eye Weekly Magazine" which
will have up-to-date theatre/music/movie listings etc for the weekend of April
13/14 beginning from Thursday, April 11. There are also links to maps (city and
campus), weather forecast, and other potentially useful information sites.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PUBLIC-TRANSPORT USERS
The Toronto subway system is currently undergoing a small extension program
which affects travel to York University. Beginning from April 1, the closest
subway station is no longer "Wilson", but "Downsview". Hence, in the directions
given in the Second Announcement, "Wilson subway station" has to be traded for
"Downsview subway staion" as the starting point of bus line 106 leading to York
University. New bus and subway schedules have not been issued yet, but changes
are to be expected marginal since the new Downsview terminal is just one stop
further than Wilson.

We hope to see you at the Meeting!

Xiaomin Dong
Sandro Fusco
Joan Wick Pelletier
Walter Tholen

********************************* CUT HERE ************************************

                     Registration Form - Toronto Spring Meeting
 (To be returned to   [email-masked]   at your earliest convenience)

Name:

I intend to attend the meeting: Yes/No

I intend to give a talk: Yes/No/Do not know yet

Title:                                              (desired length 20/30 min.)

Only if applicable, fill out the following:

I would like to reserve
- a room in a student dormitory from (arrival date) to (departure date)
- a (single/double) room in the Holiday Inn Express from (arrival date) to
        (departure date)
Please note: For bookings on campus or in the Holiday Inn Express prepayment
will be reqired. Once we have received your registration, you will be contacted
concerning payment.