Subject: [cfp]: algi3

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 20:58:37 -0400 (AST)

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 18:20:46 +0900
From: AKAMA Youji <[email-masked]>

			Call for Participation

			 The Third Seminar on

	      Algebra, Logic, and Geometry in Informatics
			       (ALGI 3)

			   April 3-5, 1996

		       Keio University, Mita, Tokyo

The ALGI (Algebra, Logic, and Geometry in Informatics) seminar is a
series of informal peripatetic seminars in Japan (hopefully extending
to other areas of Eastern Asia / Oceania) on the interaction between
informatics and mathematics.  Information about ALGI seminars can be
found at "http://www.etl.go.jp:8080/People/yoshiki/ALGI-e.html".  For
the third meeting, watch
"http://nicosia.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~akama/algi3.html".

The third ALGI meeting will be held as one of the post-conference
workshops of Linear Logic 96 (held at Keio University, organized by
Prof. Mitsu OKADA).  The scope of ALGI includes Linear Logic, but is not
restricted to it.

We expect offers of talks about informal, half-baked works, as well as
completed ones.  Participants should fill in the registration form
below and send it to "[email-masked]".

* Date:  3 April 3:30pm - 5 April.

* Place: Keio University, Mita-Campus (downtown Tokyo, 5 minutes walk from
JR-Tamachi St or Subway-Mita St).  AV Hall, Basement of Library

* Program: To be decided.  

* Schedule

   3 April 3:30pm-5:40 pm
   4 April: 10:00am-5:40pm
   5 April: 10:00am-

* For program/registration/hotel information for Linear Logic 96, see
"http://abelard.flet.mita.keio.ac.jp/person/linear96/hotel.html".

* Registration:

Please send the registration form to Yohji AKAMA ([email-masked]). 

* Tentative list of speakers:

Yasuo Kawahara (Kyushu University)
	Categorical Representation Theorem of Fuzzy Relations.

Vaughan Pratt (Stanford University)
	Chu spaces,

Satoshi Matsuoka (Nagoya Institute of Technology)
	A p-time correctness condition for MALL proof nets.

Yohji AKAMA and Seiko MIKAMI (The Univesity of Tokyo)
	Study on Abramsky's Proof Expressions

Berndt Farwer (University of Hamburg)
	Relating object systems to formulae of infinitary linear logic

Yoshiki Kinoshita (ETL)
	A proof of coherence theorem for monoidal categories (talk given in
	Japanese; draft in English available)

Masaru Sirahata (Jaist)
	A note on proof-theoretic aspects of compact closed categories

Masahito Hasegawa (Edinburgh University)
	Recursion from Cyclic Sharing.

Peter O'Hearn (Queen Mary and Westfield College)
	To be announced.

Luke Ong (Oxford University and National University of Singapore)
	A semantic view of classical proofs: type-theoretic,
	categorical, denotational characterizations.

* General inquiry:
 
Yohji AKAMA, Department of Information Science, The University of
Tokyo Hongoh, 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku,Tokyo, 113, Japan.

03(3812)4177(direct), 03(3812)2111(ext.4097), 03(3818)1073(fax)
[email-masked] 

=====================================================================
ALGI Registration form

Please use the following format: 

I intend to come to the 3rd meeting of the ALGI seminar. 

* I intend to give a talk entitled .........
* I will need approximately......minutes

Name ....................................... 
Address ....................................
............................................
Email .....................................
Tel .....................................
Fax .....................................

*Delete if inapplicable

Please inform us if you need anything else besides blackboard and OHP

Please inform us (in)convenient day of your talk.