Subject: Research Position

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 11:35:42 -0400 (AST)

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:36:27 +0100 (MET)
From: Matthew Hennessy <[email-masked]>

                       UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX
            
            RESEARCH FELLOW IN THE FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTING

A Research Fellow is  required for a 3-year project entitled
``Foundations for the Integration of Concurrent Distributed and
Functional Computation'', under the direction of Prof. M. Hennessy and
funded by the EPSRC.

The aim of the project is to 

- provide a uniform coherent semantic foundation for concurrent,
distributed and functional behaviour;

- develop proof methodologies for establishing properties of process
descriptions expressed in specification languages using these
paradigms;

- develop prototypes of supporting verification systems.

The project will start on 1/4/96 and salary will be related to the
academic 1A scale. A Ph.D. in Computer Science or Mathematics or
equivalent experience is required. In addition to normal research
duties the successful candidate will be expected to provide some 
assistance to undergraduate teaching.

More details of the project and the conditions of service are available
at 

ftp://ftp.cogs.sussex.ac.uk/pub/users/matthewh/details.ps

To apply please submit electronic applications to 

[email-masked]

Applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, names of
three referees with their email addresses.