Subject: postdoc ad

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 10:11:05 -0400 (AST)

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 15:27:56 +0100
From: I. Moerdijk <[email-masked]>

Dear readers of the categories list:

A postdoc position as described in the ad below will be available at our
department. The description below is somewhat narrow, but I believe that any
good candidate with background in  algebraic topology will be considered.The
starting date is negotiable, and January 1, 1997 could also be a possibility.
If you are interested, or if you wish to suggest a candidate,
please feel free to approach me directly by e-mail.

Ieke Moerdijk.

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
As of September 1996, there will be available a two year post doctoral position
at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Utrecht. Holders of a Ph.
D.
degree in mathematics and those who will obtain such a degree before September
1996 are invited to apply.

The positions are tied to a specific NWO (= Dutch Science Foundation) research
project in topology, including the theory of foliations, orbifolds, equivariant
cohomology,   intersection cohomology (of related orbit spaces), C*-algebras
and K-theory related to foliations, and related topics. The positions do not
involve teaching.

Applications should be sent before April 1, 1996,  to the attention of the
departmental secretary,

	K. Schoenmaker
	Mathematical Institute,
	University of Utrecht,
	P.O. Box 80.010,
	3508 TA Utrecht,
	The Netherlands.

Applications should include the usual items: a c.v., a brief description of
past and current research and of the results obtained, a list of publications
(if any), the names of mathematicians who will write letters of recommendation,
and a research plan. Furthermore, at least two mathematicians must write a
letter of recommendation to the address above, with the same deadline.

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------