Subject: Freydschrift -- change of editor

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 12:03:50 -0400 (AST)

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 96 10:37 GMT
From: Dr. P.T. Johnstone <[email-masked]>

As previously announced on this mailing list, there will be a special 
issue of the Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra to mark Peter Freyd's 
60th birthday. Formally, this issue is the proceedings of the
Peripatetic Seminar meeting held in Edinburgh last October, which was
also a celebration of Peter's birthday; but contributions are invited
from any of Peter's friends who were unable to get to the Edinburgh
meeting, as well. The closing date for submissions is 5 February 1996
(Peter's birthday).

Originally, John Power was to have been Guest Editor for this special
issue. Sadly, John has been unwell recently and has been advised to rest,
so he will not be able to undertake this work, and I have agreed to
take it over. The purpose of this message is therefore to ask people
who are planning to submit papers for the special issue to send them 
not to John but to me at DPMMS, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, U.K.
If you have already sent off a paper to John, it will probably get
forwarded to me; but it's advisable to send another copy direct to me,
to be on the safe side. The deadline remains 5 February; it is
particularly important that this date should be adhered to, since I am 
due to leave for a 6-week visit to Australia shortly afterwards, and
any paper that fails to reach me in time to be sent off to a referee
before I go will not be considered.

Peter Johnstone