Subject: PhD Scholarships at Chalmers, Gothenburg

From: categories <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 10:03:40 -0400 (AST)

Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 13:47:48 +0100 (MET)
From: Henrik Persson <[email-masked]>

My sincere apologies if you receive this more than once.
Please feel free to circulate it to others who may be interested.

Best regards, Henrik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Department of Computing Science at the Chalmers University of
Technology and G\"{o}teborgs University announces free PhD positions.

The Department of Computing Science has about 30 staff members and
about 25 PhD students.  The department receives funding from Esprit,
and from the Swedish Government agencies TFR and NUTEK.  The major
topics of research are programming logic and type theory, functional
programming and concurrency, but research is also carried out in a
number of other topics.

Most PhD positions are five year scholarships. The PhD student will
spend about 80 percent of his or her time on graduate studies, and
about 20 percent on teaching. Applicants must have an undergraduate
degree in Computer Science with excellent results. The department
tries to increase the number of female employees, and especially
welcomes female applicants. At the moment the scholarships consist of
14000 (17200) SEK per month in the first (last) year.

More information about the graduate programmes can be found on the WWW
on page:

  http://www.cs.chalmers.se/ComputingScience/Graduate

To apply, send us a letter in English, covering 

  1 data about yourself;
  2 a copy of an official paper giving grades from your undergraduate
    degree(s); 
  3 a statement about your main interests;
  4 some letters of recommendation from people that know you as a student
    or as an employee;
  5 any scientific papers you have written.

Send your application to 

  Section for Mathematics and Computer Science
  Chalmers University of Technology
  412 96 Gothenburg
  Sweden

Furthermore, send an email containing the data about yourself to 

  [email-masked]

The last date for your application to arrive is March 1, 1996. A
decision about to whom we will offer the PhD positions will be taken
before June 1, 1996.