High quality teaching is at the core of what makes us distinct.
Faculty have converged on the Mount Allison campus from all over the world to pass along their knowledge to you and to continue developing their research passions both right here at home and in global partnerships.
Quality begins with small classes to allow for meaningful engagement and ends with the award-winning teachers who develop and lead the programs. You will be mentored, taught, challenged, and encouraged by accomplished leaders in their field — all of whom are committed to your success.
And did we mention accessible?
You will find Mount Allison's professors are caring, interactive, and available — whether it is during office hours or discussing a project over fair trade coffee in downtown Sackville.
Great teaching is based on relentless pursuit of research
Our professors bring their research into the classroom, which helps connect you to what is happening right now in the world. You have the opportunity to work directly with them on their research or even co-publish articles before you graduate.
Students have worked in areas as diverse as cancer research, ticks and Lyme disease, linguistics in advertising, and aquaculture.
Learn, be mentored, be challenged by these accomplished leaders in their fields:
- Seven Mount Allison professors have been named 3M National Teaching Fellows — Canada’s top teaching honour
- Three Mount Allison professors are Canada Research Chairs — the highest research honour in the country
- In the 2018 Maclean's magazine's annual university rankings, our faculty ranked:
- first in the precentage of full-time instructional faculty with a PhD, or highest degree in their field
- first in national awards won
- first in medical/science grants awarded